Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IKON Motorsports Front Lip for Model 3: A Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not too bad for $160 lol

39A2D08B-7DA3-4C55-B0E0-B98BCD0C1604.jpeg

Not too bad for $160 lol

View attachment 642638
Does it seem like the wind noise around your head/A-pillar has gone away since installing the lip? I have the rubber tubing between my windshield drain channel to prevent excess air from flowing thru the crease, but it wasn’t until after I installed the lip that the turbulent wind noise on the left of my head was eliminated entirely. It now seems like I hear the wind noise coming from the front of the windshield when I’m going over 50mph and it’s the same level of quietness going over 80mph.

Does it seem like the wind noise around your head/A-pillar has gone away since installing the lip? I have the rubber tubing between my windshield drain channel to prevent excess air from flowing thru the crease, but it wasn’t until after I installed the lip that the turbulent wind noise on the left of my head was eliminated entirely. It now seems like I hear the wind noise coming from the front of the windshield when I’m going over 50mph and it’s the same level of quietness going over 80mph.
I haven’t really paid much attention to it.

I'm new to the Tesla world, but not new to modifying cars having put together some really great BMWs over the years. I've purchased several parts from IKON Motorsports in the past without any issues, I've always found the quality to be superb so when I saw they offered Model 3 parts, I was excited.

It also helped that in all of my searching, I did not think a single front lip out there looked any good. Most of them come too far up the bumper and looks like a cheap body kit someone glued on a Toyota Corolla. It doesn't flow and looks like an afterthought.

This was by far one of the best looking lips I could find, when I build cars they must be clean and look like they should have came like this from the factory. Not wild, just the way it should have been offered.

That said, both the weave and the fitment on this lip ($499.99) was perfect. It installed easily too, with a strip of pre-applied 3M double sided tape to hold it up against the edge, and 9 pre-drilled holes beneath it that will require some self-tapping screws. I used some stainless self-tapping screws with some washers to attach it.

Car looks spectacular.

6flMU5Q.jpg

zMZCxjx.jpg

RG09YtG.jpg

jtvWlei.jpg

cA5d3ZZ.jpg

I know it’s been awhile but I wanted to see how the lip has been holding up? Im leaning toward the Ikon myself. Also, did the screws go into the white bumper or cowling?

How has the lip been holding up since you installed it? Also, did you have to install the screws into the white bumper fascia or the black cowling? I’m leaning toward the Ikon myself - looks very clean! (Would love to see an updated picture, as I know you were planning on other mods)

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really glad I revisited this thread. I really like the ikon style but the carbon fiber kept me away. My car is lowered so the fear of smashing it to pieces does come to mind. I bought a cheap lip just to try it out. Yes I did get some scraps on the front chin. Now that the PP version is out there, I'm definitely getting one.

Thanks for all the great tips, pics, and vids.

Couple questions:
  1. Can you please provide a link to that?
  2. Do you know if they have matching side skirts?
Heres the link. I know they have side skirts but didnt really search for one so I am not sure.

Install went pretty well. It's very secure with the screws underneath. Please make sure you align it first especially with the tape. I have a gap on the passenger side of the lip because I applied it unevenly and will have to re-apply the tape.

Also the two clips they give you are very large. I have a very hard time inserting the two side clips and they aren't even fully in.

But I do love how it looks!
IMG_20210315_091406.jpg

Attachments

• EBEBEA92-370C-4597-832F-F0A020311352.jpeg
    EBEBEA92-370C-4597-832F-F0A020311352.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 543
  • Informative
Reactions: Elektrick
If anyone is local to the Atlantic North-east Tri-State area, I have a brand new Maxton Design v1 lip in OE like texture plastic for sale in the classifieds.

It's collecting dust in the garage, needs a new home. Local pickup only, too much hassle to ship.

I posted this from JL-motoring. Theirs is glossy and looks identical (likely made by the same chinese factory).

Reactions: Rothgarr
I posted this from JL-motoring. Theirs is glossy and looks identical (likely made by the same chinese factory).

Oh nice! Thanks so much!