Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IKON Motorsports Front Lip for Model 3: A Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you ever wrap and install your lip? My car has a similar matte black theme to yours. Trying to figure out how to best handle the lip. Thanks.
I haven’t installed mine yet. I chrome deleted one of my mirrors last weekend and still have to do the other one. The lip is next on my list. PP is a Low Surface Energy plastic and his hard to wrap. Even paint won’t stick if you don’t prep it right. I’m debating to paint it gloss black and then wrap it or just leave as is.

Wondering the same thing. Might be too aggressive looking with stock springs. Deciding between this and the Maxton V1
I have it on stock suspension with Aero’s

Attachments

• A062B3FA-8F7F-45B9-AF39-2C3F70237D2F.jpeg
    A062B3FA-8F7F-45B9-AF39-2C3F70237D2F.jpeg
    465.7 KB · Views: 487
  • 5373CAE2-9ABE-40E1-9584-E40194F6F01B.jpeg
    5373CAE2-9ABE-40E1-9584-E40194F6F01B.jpeg
    689.6 KB · Views: 455
Reactions: SSJ1
I haven’t installed mine yet. I chrome deleted one of my mirrors last weekend and still have to do the other one. The lip is next on my list. PP is a Low Surface Energy plastic and his hard to wrap. Even paint won’t stick if you don’t prep it right. I’m debating to paint it gloss black and then wrap it or just leave as is
It kinda looks like crap out of the box. I couldn’t bring myself to add it to my 50k car in that form. Bummer about the wrap. I thought about paint but by the time I pay for that I could just buy a cf one.

I have it on stock suspension with Aero’s
Thank you so much for posting. The front lip rides a little high but it still looks good. Yours is almost the same setup I was planning to run, so I used MS Paint to approximate what it looks like with the 2.0 Aero wheel kit and a performance spoiler. Do you mind sharing what type and % your tint is on the sides?
MSpaint.png

These look very cool IMO, whether black or with matching paint, but where's the discussion of function. In this long thread I've seen the question asked once or twice whether one gets better or worse range after adding one. I think one might get better range because race cars use front spoilers for increased downforce and maybe less airflow turbulence under the car. Does this mean a Tesla Model 3 AWD with an added front spoiler might get some sort of high speed benefit? And if so, how much? Are some designs better than others?

I don't really know. I'm very skeptical of Unplugged's claim of "6.6% reduction of total vehicle drag" with their front spoiler. If a front spoiler is that effective, why isn't Elon already putting it on his cars? If a front spoiler actually increases vehicle range by some measurable amount, I'd be more likely to invest in one, especially since I've lost some range by replacing the Aerowheels with light-weight Enkei's.

Anyone who actually knows about this stuff or has any before and after consumption numbers, please let us know. Thanks.

I have to think the range is worse, but super marginally so. No way I'm bothering to figure that one out. Kind a like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop - the world may never know.

My polypropylene spoiler has held up great since installing - and while I'd rather have a nice real CF one, I do feel a lot better about it every time I park near a curb\/curb stop or pull into my garage - I'm not paranoid about it all like I would be with painted.

Last edited:
Reactions: NJturtlePower
I have to think the range is worse, but super marginally so. No way I'm bothering to figure that one out. Kind a like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop - the world may never know.

My polypropylene spoiler has held up great since installing - and while I'd rather have a nice real CF one, I do feel a lot better about it every time I park near a curb\/curb stop or pull into my garage - I'm not paranoid about it all like I would with painted.
Mind posting a pick?

My polypropylene spoiler has held up great since installing - and while I'd rather have a nice real CF one, I do feel a lot better about it every time I park near a curb\/curb stop or pull into my garage - I'm not paranoid about it all like I would be with painted.
Agree, carbon fiber just looks silly on a 4 door anyways. I finally took delivery of my long range yesterday and already got almost all of the accessories installed. Last step is adding this PP lip, do you have any other pointers for installation? Do I just use a flathead screwdriver to pop the existing rivets off?

Agree, carbon fiber just looks silly on a 4 door anyways. I finally took delivery of my long range yesterday and already got almost all of the accessories installed. Last step is adding this PP lip, do you have any other pointers for installation? Do I just use a flathead screwdriver to pop the existing rivets off?
Post 162 (and the next few) - definitely use adhesion promoter - consider removing the provided tape, sanding and using your own tape as I did. yes used a screwdriver to remove the push-in clips - it should be pretty obvious

From a guy with silly looking carbon fiber on a 4 door, though so take it with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Rattletrap
Post 162 (and the next few) - definitely use adhesion promoter - consider removing the provided tape, sanding and using your own tape as I did. yes used a screwdriver to remove the push-in clips - it should be pretty obvious

From a guy with silly looking carbon fiber on a 4 door, though so take it with a grain of salt.
Just my opinion re: CF, obviously a lot of people don't agree since Tesla themselves attach a CF spoiler with their top trim model and I see them everywhere.

My lip came with the 4 strips of tape unattached. I'll follow the earlier advice and sand inside the lip before using an adhesion promoter wipe on it. I plan to use the included stock tape and hope for the best since I don't have any 3M handy. I do have some concerns from reading this thread re: the rivets in the wheel well not fitting but we'll see how installation goes once it cools off outside.