Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IKON Motorsports Front Lip for Model 3: A Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ppower That's good testing. I would like to point out that the tape probably flaps like crazy at higher speeds. So more turbulence. I was thinking about getting some aluminum sheets from home depot and cut it to fit. Use the existing ikon lip bolts to hold it in place.

Another point I want to bring up is that the angle of lip also produces small amount of downforce which adds weight at higher speeds. The factory lip is almost flat on top and rounds down at the bottom which creates some lift.

Can I get a quick opinion on my install? I've seen some pics where the spoiler sits almost flush to the front edge and others where it's clearly underneath it. I can't tell if mine is too low. Sometimes it looks like there's a gap between the edge of the oem front and the spoiler. Shop indicated they really could not get it any higher. Not sure it would be easy to fix now that the holes are drilled.
16320079654332784333248587628577.jpg

Attachments

• 16320079826275068227051933650751.jpg
    16320079826275068227051933650751.jpg
    839.7 KB · Views: 374
Can I get a quick opinion on my install? I've seen some pics where the spoiler sits almost flush to the front edge and others where it's clearly underneath it. I can't tell if mine is too low. Sometimes it looks like there's a gap between the edge of the oem front and the spoiler. Shop indicated they really could not get it any higher. Not sure it would be easy to fix now that the holes are drilled. View attachment 711133

Looks correct based off of this photos. A closer look would be better though.

Looks like Ikon is going to be a few more months before they "maybe" restocking that PPF front lip. If anyone has one that's interested in selling please hit me up. Not sure I want to wait that long and figured it might be possible someone here has one that went a different direction and has one avail.

Thanks, guys!
B.

Looks like Ikon is going to be a few more months before they "maybe" restocking that PPF front lip. If anyone has one that's interested in selling please hit me up. Not sure I want to wait that long and figured it might be possible someone here has one that went a different direction and has one avail.

Thanks, guys!
B.
Is it just me or do they no longer even have that lip on their website. Looked through it and I couldn’t find this lip. They have others but they don’t look as nice IMO.

Bummer. Really thought i found the perfect front lip. Even better that it came in PP so wouldn’t have to worry about cracking CF in the winter. The search continues I guess.
Exact same here. I waited too long to order when they were avail. There are a few others that I like of similar design but they are double the cost. Which I'm not keen on since any damage to the lip accidentally would be a bigger loss.

Someone should jump on this demand and make a mold of the Ikon lip...

Surprised Ikon isn't trying to make more of these considering it seems to be the most popular lip in the community. I love mine and had planned on buying another one since mine is cracked...now it looks like i need to find a way to repair it instead...

Here is another PPF one that uses the factory bumper holes so you don't have to drill or use screws.

Here is another PPF one that uses the factory bumper holes so you don't have to drill or use screws.

Ooh that’s honestly really nice. Might look into buying that for my white LR. Thanks🙏🏾🙏🏾