Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IKON Motorsports Front Lip for Model 3: A Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you end up using the double-sided tape at all to help with preventing gaps? From the pics, it looks really good.
Yes, I used the tape along the entire top were it makes contact with the lower bumper. But there are still gaps, see these pics.

Attachments

• 8055643F-F9EF-4D98-A2FF-FCA20ACD59D9.jpeg
    8055643F-F9EF-4D98-A2FF-FCA20ACD59D9.jpeg
    591.7 KB · Views: 390
  • 23D4C726-BB9E-4A68-BDB1-502F74FF7078.jpeg
    23D4C726-BB9E-4A68-BDB1-502F74FF7078.jpeg
    645.5 KB · Views: 332
I finally got the under tray to pop out, had to pull the bumper down and the stick a finger into grab the tray to pull in down (wasn’t fun). While the lip looks really cool the fitness seems below average, as that gap you guys are talking about is no joke. Also, longer clips they supply to secure the sides are pretty useless, they don’t go all the way in. I had to use the OEM push pin to substitute and secure (somewhat) the round clip housing. View attachment 794534View attachment 794535
I see what you mean. The gaps wouldn't be too bad if it were consistent width the whole way but it looks like some sections have more gap than others. Have you thought of maybe trying some white RTV to help fill that in?
I ended up taking the lip off and repositioning it so that now both sides have pretty equal gaps. I will just choke it up to another Tesla factory panel misalignment lol.

Also, in case others are also installing, as mentioned before the two new side clips that Ikon supplies is worthless. I initially used them and they didn’t go all the way, but they also were tough as hell to remove. So in my second install, I just used the same clips that I took off the bottom tray (since you replace them with screws to hold the lip underneath) on the sides to secure and they work great!

Reactions: Dysan911
Ikon is just for looks, no data to show any improvements.
I can tell you for a fact Ikon lips increase drag so it will reduce your total range.

UP has a lot of data to show what it improves.

Personally I think Ikon looks better.

Glad you mentioned this. Honestly, I have really wondered why anyone would want the UP Lip. Does it seem to blend in so much with the oem chin of the M3 that I can't even tell it's installed? It seriously looks too similar to running NO lip that I just don't get why some people shell out that much for it to end up looking almost invisible.

Ikon is just for looks, no data to show any improvements.
I can tell you for a fact Ikon lips increase drag so it will reduce your total range.

UP has a lot of data to show what it improves.

Personally I think Ikon looks better.
Yeah, I keep going back and forth between UP and IKON.

I think that UP is a bit pricey, considering that the range increase is not very substantial, and you would have to get it painted somewhere else. I am leaning towards an IKON-style lip in PP or CF if I decide to get side skirts, because I cannot seem to find simple PP side skirts.

Hey guys. Got my IKON Style Front Bumper Lip - PP on April 15th and finally had time to get it installed. I had it on my car for about a week and just not feeling it. I think these look better wrapped or painted but didn't feel like doing either of those so I pulled it off the car and wanted to mention it here first that I think I'll sell it. If anyone is interested.

$125 shipped. It includes the hardware as well. The fit on this one was spot on. Not sure if I just got lucky with a good one but no gaps. I did use the included double-sided tape so you'd probably want to apply some new tape but other than that it was a perfect fit and was very solid.

IMG_5211.jpg

Reactions: Ren.OG
Why aren’t you feeling the look of it?
Hey Cypcode. It's nothing in regards to the quality of the lip or how it fits on the car. I was quite surprised at how well it attaches but for me, on a somewhat darker colored car, the unpainted lip just didn't seem to flow for my blue color as I had hoped. The lip I have prior is gloss black and maybe I got spoiled with how slick it looked and then I replaced it with a flat black unpainted lip. I'm still of the opinion that it would be better looking wrapped or painted.

This design was my favorite as I wanted something more subtle with no wings and no lower ground clearance. I just got mine and was really looking forward to installing it on my car. However, I'm just now finding out the Carbon Fiber version for the Model 3 drills into the bumper! What the heck!?
The PP version uses the factory mounting holes and wraps around. The Model Y Carbon Fiber uses the factory holes. So why does the Model 3 version feel so cheap and requires drilling into the bumper? I'm very disappointed or did I get a knockoff version?

This design was my favorite as I wanted something more subtle with no wings and no lower ground clearance. I just got mine and was really looking forward to installing it on my car. However, I'm just now finding out the Carbon Fiber version for the Model 3 drills into the bumper! What the heck!?
The PP version uses the factory mounting holes and wraps around. The Model Y Carbon Fiber uses the factory holes. So why does the Model 3 version feel so cheap and requires drilling into the bumper? I'm very disappointed or did I get a knockoff version?
No the pp is a newer mold. The drill screws are tiny and can be plugged easily. I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

Hey guys. Got my IKON Style Front Bumper Lip - PP on April 15th and finally had time to get it installed. I had it on my car for about a week and just not feeling it. I think these look better wrapped or painted but didn't feel like doing either of those so I pulled it off the car and wanted to mention it here first that I think I'll sell it. If anyone is interested.

$125 shipped. It includes the hardware as well. The fit on this one was spot on. Not sure if I just got lucky with a good one but no gaps. I did use the included double-sided tape so you'd probably want to apply some new tape but other than that it was a perfect fit and was very solid.

View attachment 803255
Agreed...I think I'll go with either Adro (probably not) or future design