Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'll need that service agreement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not for a pediatrician! I'd be lucky to get half of that!!!!!

doesn't seem fair to compensate me at half that rate to service your baby (human) versus a mechanic servicing your baby (tesla model S)!!!

is your child worth more than your $100k MS?!?!?!

Wow, $75/hour? The clinic here charges that for 10 minutes with my pediatrician. I need to move.

We're talking about what customers pay Tesla for service, not what Tesla pays their rangers. What patients pay clinics, not what clinics pay doctors. If the rangers are taking home $150/hour, Tesla won't have much trouble filling service opportunities.

The posted rate is a starting point. Easy to comp or discount - but hard to charge more (ok, that's a whole different conversation).

http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/transforming-automotive-service

NORTH AMERICAN SERVICE PRICING
In North America, a one-year (or 12,500-mile) service plan costs $600. This price covers your annual inspection and all wear and tear parts, excluding tires. This plan is paid for at the time of your annual (or 12,500-mile) inspection.
servicehelp.jpg
A pre-paid four-year service plan is available for $1,900 and includes four annual inspections up to 50,000 miles. This plan is paid for within 30 days after delivery of your Model S.
If you're interested in having a Tesla Ranger come to your home or office to provide service, there will be an additional flat fee of $100 per visit. We’ve had Tesla Rangers on the road since we first started delivering Roadsters and the response from customers has been incredibly positive. We’ve revised our pricing such that Ranger Service for Model S and Roadster is now a $100 flat fee per visit, regardless of how far away you live from a Tesla Service Center.
We know sometimes it’s nice to have Ranger Service and sometimes it’s nice to visit a Service Center, so we are also offering a four-year Anywhere Plan that combines Tesla Service and unlimited Ranger Service for four years or 50,000 miles for $2,400. We’ve just launched a new service webpage that goes into greater detail about service pricing and options.

The "service webpage" link above also has program pricing.

Tesla indicated to me that MS owners will get an email when the plan is complete with 30 days to purchase per the information above. When timing has not worked out for other details, they have sided with giving the customer the benefit of the doubt.