Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'll never be able to decide on a color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Days without my Tesla are ticking away like sand through an hour class because I can't decide on an exterior color. I just can't. I've looked at all of them, and I like most of the colors for different reasons, but I JUST CAN'T DECIDE.

I know I'm getting the white interior, but the exterior color has me stumped. I love the white, but my truck is white, my girlfriends car is white, my parents SUV that I drive in the winter while they snowbird in Florida is white. I want something different, but living in Seattle gives me pause about darker colors. Love black, but it's black. Tough to maintain. Love blue and red, but when they get dirty, the overall look of the car really gets muted. I typically love silvers and grays, but the MSM just hasn't excited me.

Dammit!

White/White?
Red/White?
Black/White?
Blue/White?
I'm thinking you may be a Libra! I am and can't make any decisions!😁

Reactions: TechOps
I always laugh reading these threads here, because there are only 5 choices.

Black, white, red, blue, dark grey.

In BMW land, for example, there are more choices, and depending on the model you pick, you can go really off the rails with "individual" color choices. There are only 5 with tesla new tesla model 3s, and only two of them are actually colors ( blue and red ), the others are greyscale.

Should make the choices easier, but we always see posts of people saying "help me pick a color!", like this one, lol
speaking of BMW - I've decided to get the white Tesla for now, and then get it wrapped eventually in this awesome color that BMW sells out of the gate. It's copper and amazing...

2019_bmw_i8_roadster_119_1600x1200.jpg

It finally happened! The lightening bolt finally hit me. I was scrolling through pictures, and poof.....there she was.

Red / White Model 3 Performance

Order will be placed this week. Done!
I know, it's crazy. I've always loved BMW's and Audi's. I wanted to get a 3-series or an A4, but the Tesla is such a better driving, performing, modern, fun car. With that said, IMO, the only area where the German's still have an advantage is their color options. Their interiors come together better.

Well, whatever....I'll probably end up getting white on white. It seems to be my comfy corner.
well, for our bmw m3 convertible, estoril blue is the only right choice. For the Tesla we went red/black…was a bit worried about black interior under Florida sun but turned out to be a non issue…car keeps temperature reasonable even when parked outside for hours in the sun. As you can tell our bmw has not been driven much since we bought the Tesla…not at all actually. Reminds me, I need to pull that dent in the bmw. 13 years and not even a ding until it sat next to the Tesla 🙂

DC52B529-AFD1-4BC5-A5ED-BF2047E32159.jpeg

Reactions: OUengineer
It finally happened! The lightening bolt finally hit me. I was scrolling through pictures, and poof.....there she was.

Red / White Model 3 Performance

Order will be placed this week. Done!

Congrats! I’m partial to pearlized white Tricoat. My last 4 cars have all been the same. Classy color.
The red really stands out; I totally get why you’d like it, I’m just a more “fly under the radar” kinda guy.
You’re going to love it!

If the exterior color was this tough, wait till you start looking at vinyl wraps for the console. You know — a part of the car you actually see while driving. LOL!

Reactions: Slate
well, for our bmw m3 convertible, estoril blue is the only right choice. For the Tesla we went red/black…was a bit worried about black interior under Florida sun but turned out to be a non issue…car keeps temperature reasonable even when parked outside for hours in the sun. As you can tell our bmw has not been driven much since we bought the Tesla…not at all actually. Reminds me, I need to pull that dent in the bmw. 13 years and not even a ding until it sat next to the Tesla 🙂

View attachment 661105
That poor M3. Get some storage cabinets!

Congrats! I’m partial to pearlized white Tricoat. My last 4 cars have all been the same. Classy color.
The red really stands out; I totally get why you’d like it, I’m just a more “fly under the radar” kinda guy.
You’re going to love it!

If the exterior color was this tough, wait till you start looking at vinyl wraps for the console. You know — a part of the car you actually see while driving. LOL!

My F350 is white, my girlfriends Escape is white, my parents CRV (which I drive in the winter when they're snowbirding) is white. I love white cars, because, like you, I'm also a fly under the radar guy. This must be a kind of midlife crisis, because I'm going WAY outside my comfort zone with Red/white seats. :)

It's funny how my brain works. I can obsess for weeks over the exterior color, but regarding the white seats, I'm not the least bit nervous or OCD about them potentially getting stained. I've read through dozens of threads about that, but having owned light interior leather previously, I fully understand and accept that stains will occur. You clean them up the best you can and move on.

Vinyl wraps for the console? Hmmmm, I haven't gotten there yet. I'll start checking them out too.

• Funny
Reactions: dmurphy
My F350 is white, my girlfriends Escape is white, my parents CRV (which I drive in the winter when they're snowbirding) is white. I love white cars, because, like you, I'm also a fly under the radar guy. This must be a kind of midlife crisis, because I'm going WAY outside my comfort zone with Red/white seats. :)

It's funny how my brain works. I can obsess for weeks over the exterior color, but regarding the white seats, I'm not the least bit nervous or OCD about them potentially getting stained. I've read through dozens of threads about that, but having owned light interior leather previously, I fully understand and accept that stains will occur. You clean them up the best you can and move on.

Vinyl wraps for the console? Hmmmm, I haven't gotten there yet. I'll start checking them out too.
Change your order back to white lol. Red is not the right shade your looking for.

Attachments

• 9D0A693E-8731-4B6E-92AE-813F45F07A66.jpeg
    9D0A693E-8731-4B6E-92AE-813F45F07A66.jpeg
    377.8 KB · Views: 128

I’m sorry.
No, actually, I’m really not. We all go through it! The ultra-bright LED lights are my favorite AO product and possibly the favorite thing I’ve installed in the 3.
Best of luck! :)

Reactions: pete8314
Same thing often happens when new Tesla owners decide to keep their old car "just in case" they want to experience driving an ICE again.

Even with panel gaps, Tesla owners tend to rarely drive their old gassers.
Actually I traded in the 2008 BMW X5 and sold my 1991 155k mile Miata and even my VW rail buggy to get the Tesla (got more for the Miata than the x5). The M3 is my wife’s car and she wouldn’t part with it…so far anyway. But I did keep the Tahoe as it has the best colors 🙂
EB94CDA5-6595-4EDC-872C-803C1994A06F.jpeg

Reactions: TechOps and Josie67
White is the best color.

Red is too pinkish candy-ish red and is that “it stands out too much” and not the right shade under the sun.

black you should never own any car in black always scratches and swirl not worth looking at it for few seconds after a wash. Never own a black car.

Grey is the worst color of them all looks like any grey Toyota RAV4 out on the street. It’s “old” and “boring” color that someone in their 20s might buy if they haven’t bought many cars in their lifetime but they will settle on the color and each day they hit the road and look at another Toyota rav 4 or that old Honda Accord that’s beat up.

Blue is a dark shade of blue that looks 60% ok in the sun but looks too dark at night. You can also see scratches and swirls easily.

white -classy, modern, a lot of luxury cars out of the road that are white, accentuates well with the glossy red taillights, lines and the flakes glisten in the sun. Dark headlights and chrome delete or even chrome trims complements the car well. White white looks like a spaceship!!! 🚀

Attachments

• 6613EB8C-BFC9-465B-922D-7FBBF85CBC2C.png
    6613EB8C-BFC9-465B-922D-7FBBF85CBC2C.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 179
Status
Not open for further replies.