TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Illinois Electric Plan

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Piney999, May 26, 2016.

1. Piney999

Piney999 Member

So I am about to get my first tesla, and am looking at electricity plans in Illinois. Has anyone done the research and have a suggestion? I see one company even has free electricity in the evenings, that sounds pretty good if I can charge my car for free every night. All thoughts are welcome!

2. gnxs

gnxs Member

I wasn't aware of any company servicing IL that offered free electricity at night. I did hear of one in TX though. What company is it?

We have been on ComEd's hourly rate plan for almost 2 years and have been very satisfied with the program and savings so far.

3. Piney999

Piney999 Member

4. Fezzik

Fezzik P67429

CAREFUL of Direct Energy. Lots of people in IL hate them and claim they are a scam. Google search them.

5. gnxs

gnxs Member

I don't see any mention of free electricity at night on any of the plans in that link, perhaps I'm missing it. Do you have a direct link to the offer for free electricity at night from them?

6. Piney999

Piney999 Member

It won't let me link further, but follow that link, and click on the "free day" tab.