Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been pleasantly surprised with Illinois. I sent mine in February 2013 and got it around July 2013. I think there is a cycle for the payment processing, but I imagine they are a lot more efficient given the popularity of the plates with Leafs and MS's.

Has anyone received a rebate submitted after June 1, 2014?

I'm curious about your Illinois residents that have purchased an electric car or alternative fuel vehicle in the past few years. Knowing that the state of Illinois is in severe financial crisis, I wonder how successful any of you have been in getting the $4000 rebate and if so, how it played out.

http://www.illinoisgreenfleets.org/fuels/

Thanks!

I haven't received my rebate and submitted it Aug, 2014.

Thanks!

The program was suspended about 3 months ago, no word on when if ever it will be reinstated.

FTR I received $3914.50 for my 2012 and 2013 Volt. That with the full federal tax credit reduced the cost of my Volt's to $24K.

if it was still available I'd probably be looking at a new 70D, but now I'm looking at a CPO.

i hope Illinois gets their financial house in order soon. But not holding my breath.

I submitted in Sept 2014 and haven't seen a rebate yet.

Yeah it was "suspended" but you can bet it won't come back, IL is way too broke. It just peeves me that the funds were specifically pulled (from a law) from our electricity bills, as "energy efficiency programs funding" and then the funds were just moved into the general fund to be wasted on debt & pet projects - typical! And we are still paying the fees ;-) on top of that.

Bought a 70D and not even bothering to apply - waste.

It just peeves me that the funds were specifically pulled (from a law) from our electricity bills, as "energy efficiency programs funding"

I did not know this. Now I am even more mad! I henceforth change my "the state ignored its promised obligations" to "the state stole $4K from me". :cursing:

I suppose this is like the Telco taxes to build out high speed internet, when in reality, all that money goes to prostitutes and blow at executive parties.

More and more, I pray (as a shareholder as well as concerned citizen) that Tesla will succeed at getting more and more of us off the grid, off oil, etc, and maybe someday get to a point where we starve the corruption into death.