Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Superchargers (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings.

Last summer, I started a new job in which I travel quite a bit throughout Illinois. The Tesla site lists several future supercharger locations that will be quite helpful for me, mostly Dwight and Rochelle. Supercharge.info has always been my go to for information, but none is available for either of these locations yet. Is there a way to get more information?

Thanks.

Brian

Greetings.

Last summer, I started a new job in which I travel quite a bit throughout Illinois. The Tesla site lists several future supercharger locations that will be quite helpful for me, mostly Dwight and Rochelle. Supercharge.info has always been my go to for information, but none is available for either of these locations yet. Is there a way to get more information?
Thanks.
Brian

Why would you not use the official map/locater from Tesla? has to better than any third party's record.

Supercharger | Tesla

Why would you not use the official map/locater from Tesla? has to better than any third party's record.

Supercharger | Tesla
The official map/locater from Tesla is how I know that these are future locations. Supercharge.info provides a great deal of information between the time the gray dot shows up there and the time it becomes a red dot (when permits go through, when construction starts...). Tesla provides no information in between these two events. I am trying to find out if there are similar services available that might have more information on these specific sites.

Well, good luck down state. Sprinfield has superchargers, absolutely nothing in much of west central Illinois. Hannibal Mo is just across the river near Quincy and has all permits approved for 2020 install. I travel to this area from Texas and have to plan charges carefully. There are very few destination chargers either, it is crazy - with a 6-50 adapter you can L2 charge at RV parks and some rest stops.

I came looking for any discussion about all the new "coming soon" Supercharger locations planned for IL and found this dormant thread.

I'm kind of amazed (1) how many new Supercharger locations are currently planned for Chicagoland, particularly in the suburbs, and (2) how many appear to be destined to be located at a Meijer store.
  • 11 planned new Chicagoland SC's
  • 10 in the suburbs
  • 6 in towns w/ Meijers that don't already have a SC.
    • That's on top of 5 existing Chicagoland Meijers that already have SCs.
  • If all 6 of these new SCs are installed at Meijers, that will mean 11 out of 15 Chicagoland Meijers will have SCs.
Here's a map I made overlaying Supercharger locations (existing and planned) with Meijer locations.

1644259344318.png

Outside of Chicagoland, there are Superchargers planned for Rochelle, Urbana, and Marion. Urbana has a Meijer, where I'd be the SC ends up, but Rochelle and Marion don't.

Extra bit of detail is that the Oswego Supercharger if it is going to be at the Meijer then it's kind of weird timing since a 2 years ago the Meijer put in 4 Electrify America chargers there but nothing else. At the same time the Naperville Meijer got both EA and Superchargers installed. Kind of bad timing it seems.

Thought I might add a bit of speculation for some coming superchargers.

Joliet - Address for this was leaked a while back, The Target on Rt 30 near I-55.
Villa Park - I suspect this will also be at a Target, on North Ave.
Lakemoor - I'm guessing this would be at the Woodman's on Belvidere Rd.

Haven't found permits for any of these obviously, but they're all listed for the first half of 2023 on the Tesla map. Worth keeping an eye out for construction at any of them.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311