TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Illinois suspended Rebate Program

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by reuted, Mar 31, 2015.

1. reuted

reuted Member

This is just not good:

Important Notice: The Alternate Fuel Rebate Program is currently suspended. Due to the suspension of the program, applications received by the Illinois EPA for calendar year 2014 are not being processed at this time. Please check back for future updates.

Illinois Alternate Fuels Rebate Program

2. yoyo

yoyo Member

this is bad... no wonder I have not heard anything after mailing the application end of last year...

3. Subhuman

Subhuman Member

This is very disappointing. Suspending the program going forward is one thing but to tell people that submitted the paper work last year that they are out of luck is total BS! Hopefully it is just on hold until Rauner is done reviewing the states finances but that is probably to optimistic.

4. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

How much was the Illinois rebate?

5. Subhuman

Subhuman Member

$4,000 for Model S.

6. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

10% of vehicle price, $4k max.

Discussed here, too:
    IL Ends $4k Rebate program

They also eliminated the 25% solar rebate program. I'm out about $10k for the solar PV system I installed in Dec/Jan - despite being pre-approved and the project contingent upon the pre-approval.

7. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Wow, that's a really raw deal, FlasherZ.

8. thx1139

thx1139 Member

This does totally suck. We bought a 2014 Volt last year and the rebate on hold for that and just today ordered our Model S.

9. DrGuest

DrGuest Member

#9 DrGuest, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    In contrast, "big oil" is still getting subsides to the tune of billions. so quick to cut off EV's.

10. flankspeed8

flankspeed8 Member

#10 flankspeed8, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    state vs Fed? EV's get a pretty healthy subsidy at the federal level. IL is broke I believe. On the other hand, MN seems to be doing well but has made zero movement towards state incentives. Easy come easy go. On the other hand, it is a crime in my opinion not to pay those who have already submitted.

P.S. State EV incentives screw over people from neighboring states who see their resale value depressed because of incentives that they don't qualify for, but the market assumes nonetheless.

11. mdevp

mdevp Member

Have oil/gas companies pay for their own protection for oil tanker shipping lanes that go in/out of the Middle East. Now that subsidy blows away anything EV owners get. If IL is broke what about the hundreds of billions the U.S. has spent on this?

12. flankspeed8

flankspeed8 Member

I was simply reminding you that this is a difference of a state subsidy versus a federal subsidy. Do your IL or NJ or whatever states taxes go to ships in the middle east? No. I am in favor of EV incentives at the federal level. The federal government does not need to balance their budget (sadly), but IL and most other states do. This was a very generous incentive and am not surprised it is going away.

This is more a policy debate than a Tesla issue.