Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Tesla Sightings....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Original Chicago store had swag when they had Grand Opening. That cabinet now has carbon fiber parts in it and has been moved to a wall that didn't exist in 2010. I wanted new Tesla swag this weekend but quickly found out it is no longer available at that location.

No Tesla's seen in the wild yet. But saw a good amount of Model Ss on Saturday.

Including the 3 dealer cars - I think there were at least 13 Model Ss at the store / service center that day.

Last edited:
I am very happy for the owner of this brand new Model S I found parked four spots away from my blue one in the Aqua Building in downtown Chicago. I had never seen the "Stormtrooper" configuration -- it looks sharp (despite the grainy photo). By my count, this is at least the fifth Model S that parks regularly in this very EV-friendly garage, with VINs ranging from the Founders #12 that showed up in June to this one with a #19xxx VIN.
ST-MS.JPG

I saw a new black one downtown on Sat. (Temp plate), a black one on Rt. 126 in Plainfield heading towards Oswego/Yorkville today, and a black/blue? one in Orland Park on Rt. 45 headed towards Palos this evening around 11pm. These cars are getting popular!!! Go TESLA!! :)

Seems I have a regular on my way to/ from work. Second time seeing blue Model S this morning parked in a lot in Westchester, clearly visible from 22nd St. May have been the same one I saw northbound on York Rd in Elmhurst yesterday. He looked right at me with a straight face as I was waving with my arm out the window going the opposite direction.

OK, last post on this topic from me since Model S sightings are becoming a regular event for me. Passed the blue one parked in a lot in Westchester again this afternoon. A couple of hours later, passed a silver Model S going southbound on Jorie Boulevard in Oakbrook, waved/ winked/ honked. Another one within a minute on the same road, three of us couldn't agree on the color, possibly brown!

I saw another red P85 the other day in the Dominic's parking lot in Elk Grove Village. I'm there every day about noon for lunch, this was the first time I saw that car.

I got a shot from my dash, I should have parked next to him like that.

Then on my way back to my office I saw a dark grey P85 on Mittel Blvd in Wood Dale.

Coming to Chicago early next month, for grandson's first birthday and my 50th high school reunion.

Planning to rent a car, and would love to rent a Tesla (even a private rental from a private owner for two days). Anybody have any ideas how to get that done?

I'm a responsible exec/business owner from Las Vegas.

Saw a grey one in Western Springs last Saturday night at about 9:15 pm (turning from 55th Street onto Wolf Rd northbound). Didn't immediately think much of it since I know someone in Western Springs who picked up his grey MS a few weeks back. However, then I noticed the permanent plates (1083 EL if I remember correctly), and the guy I know still has temp tags on his.

So who parked next to me today? Lunchtime. Schaumburg, outside Dicks Sporting Goods?

Black (or brown?) P85. Won't say license plates for privacy reasons but it was evident you might be a lawyer? :)

Gave me a (Tesla) grin ... my mates thought it was my car .. I'm like nope, this car is 90 degrees to mine. First time that's happened!

Won't say license plates for privacy reasons but it was evident you might be a lawyer? :)

Off topic, but I've noticed this a lot on the forums (either not mentioning license plate numbers or blurring out license plate numbers in pictures); however, license plate numbers are public, not private; they are located on the outside of your car where anyone can see them. If you are in a public place, then anything you see or take pictures of are considered public.

Sincerely,
818 EL

They may BE public but I respect others privacy.

It's one thing to see someones car one on one, it's another to broadcast it.

People's "private" live are just that. How do we know who is supposed to be where and with whom? Why create potential for gossip and fodder? Not like there's not enough already.

We (in the Midwest) do not live in a surveillance society (SS). I am very accustomed to SS being a Brit. Millions of cameras everywhere (there) and many are Number Plate Recognition (NPR) variety.

Criticize me all you want; one day it might be of benefit to you. Just sayin'

They may BE public but I respect others privacy.

It's one thing to see someones car one on one, it's another to broadcast it.

People's "private" live are just that. How do we know who is supposed to be where and with whom? Why create potential for gossip and fodder? Not like there's not enough already.

We (in the Midwest) do not live in a surveillance society (SS). I am very accustomed to SS being a Brit. Millions of cameras everywhere (there) and many are Number Plate Recognition (NPR) variety.

Criticize me all you want; one day it might be of benefit to you. Just sayin'

I wasn't trying to criticize at all; sorry if it was taken that way. I was really just asking the question to understand what privacy people were trying to protect (given the public nature of license plates). I would have no problems with someone posting mine, and I do care about and appreciate my privacy.

Hopefully, I will finally come to one of the meetups soon so we can meet in person.

-------------------------------------

Interestingly, I just re-read my post, and I never even asked the question I meant to ask. What privacy are we trying to protect? Again, sorry for the confusion. Sp4rk, I interpret your answer to be that you are protecting people's whereabouts out of respect. Makes sense.

Last edited:
Yes, it would be good to meet finally!

Wow .. yesterday ... I was driving southbound on Roselle Road near my office (I-90) and saw two others (2!) with 1 minute ... one was an EL plate, red, forgot the number, a brunette lady driving behind me. She seemed oblivious.
Two seconds later, northbound, a black (?) one ... being driven by another woman, with a very nice blonde "mane" ... (you can tell what I look for!) Flashed her (with my headlights) and honked but no response.

Really felt like San Francisco bay area. Or driving around the block of the nearest service center!

Spotted a dark silver/gray with gray performance wheels on Sleepy Hollow Rd in Algonquin yesterday while in mine around 8AM. Female driver going the opposite direction, she didn't notice at first after high-beaming her, but when she did, she gave me the biggest smile!

Saw a white Model S with 21" rims at the corner of Hwy 83 and North Ave. in Antioch IL this morning, car was parked in front of a little strip mall on the corner. I live in Antioch so I'm really curious who else in the area is also a Tesla Owner.