Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the Chicago area yes. It appears rear PPF is only if they have it in stock. What I was told was make a service appointment to have an added after the fact.

Which place did you pick up from? I'll be picking up from Naperville.

I actually have PPF's on hand from Tesla so if they aren't attached when I pick up this Saturday, I'll just tell them I have one already and just ask them to attach it there. Good to know mudflaps are standard.

I'm trying to figure out too since I have the MYP if I'll be getting Michelin All Seasons. Would rather not have to switch tires in the winter.

Which place did you pick up from? I'll be picking up from Naperville.

I actually have PPF's on hand from Tesla so if they aren't attached when I pick up this Saturday, I'll just tell them I have one already and just ask them to attach it there. Good to know mudflaps are standard.

I'm trying to figure out too since I have the MYP if I'll be getting Michelin All Seasons. Would rather not have to switch tires in the winter.
I picked up from Highland Park.

The downside is, for the items I found during my walkthrough of the vehicle, the first service appt is not until July 11. But some stuff needs to be done as a mobile appt while others in shop, just confused on how they will break it up because as of now, there is no Mobile appointment listed and my Homelink, they tell me, can only be done via Mobile Service

Cross posted from August thread.

Such a relief. The pain is over. The Silver Surfer has finally arrived.

Delivery went very smooth, arrived about 20 minutes early. Started my walk around and videoed the whole thing just in case. Found only two small issues during my inspection. I will attach with my pictures below.

I have very little need for interaction with the SAs until the end when I was ready for trade in and to show what I found with car. First issue was that the plastic cover above accelerator was falling down and small part of trim was a little out of alignment. SA took the car into service area, the plastic piece had to be ordered and replaced, but not a safety issue, so created service appointment for both. Car came with front Mudflaps, but no rear PPF. SA said if they don’t have any, they don’t put on. (Obviously). So added that to service appointment.

Turned over keys to old car and then accepted delivery. SA helped me pair my phone and do some basic setup.

Meet The Silver Surfer.
View attachment 806745View attachment 806746View attachment 806747View attachment 806748View attachment 806749
Congrats on your car. Very nice color...of course, because I have the exact same config except I have the white interior. Waiting for mine, won't get here until or between Nov-Feb 2023. I would really love a December delivery though for Christmas.:D

Reactions: BGOwner
How odd, I checked my app today for no reason and was surprised to see my EDD has been changed:
FROM 7/28 - 9/8 TO 7/28 - 8 31

Is this normal, I fully expected to see the dates being kicked out to Oct not back to Aug.
Mine closed to a 4 day window JUST before my VIN assigned. But was 2 weeks before start of EDD, strange to have it happen almost 2 months prior.

Talk about long..11/7/21 was my order date
What is your config?
wow, that is a long wait.. mine is MYLR Red/Black, no tow, no FSD.. what about u? About 3 weeks ago I went for a test drive, and the SA in Naperville said, he had a cancellation for a white/black, and was ready to re-assign. But, I was not ready yet! I should have probably gone for it.. Some lucky user got it..!

Cross posted from August thread.

Such a relief. The pain is over. The Silver Surfer has finally arrived.

Delivery went very smooth, arrived about 20 minutes early. Started my walk around and videoed the whole thing just in case. Found only two small issues during my inspection. I will attach with my pictures below.

I have very little need for interaction with the SAs until the end when I was ready for trade in and to show what I found with car. First issue was that the plastic cover above accelerator was falling down and small part of trim was a little out of alignment. SA took the car into service area, the plastic piece had to be ordered and replaced, but not a safety issue, so created service appointment for both. Car came with front Mudflaps, but no rear PPF. SA said if they don’t have any, they don’t put on. (Obviously). So added that to service appointment.

Turned over keys to old car and then accepted delivery. SA helped me pair my phone and do some basic setup.

Meet The Silver Surfer.
View attachment 806745View attachment 806746View attachment 806747View attachment 806748View attachment 806749
Congrats! We might be seeing each other on the road, I'm in Long Grove, and zip down 83 into the BG/ Wheeling area all the time.

I got my Vin! Just a few minutes ago. Yippee!

OD 10/26/22 Plain Jane white/black MYLR
EDD June 5 - June 11, NE Illinois

Pickup will be in Schaumburg.

I'd like to pay by ACH but the app doesnt give me that option. Is there a trick to doing that?

I just hope this doesnt happen:
Teamsters, car-haulers go down to the wire in contract talks as trucker strike looms

Reactions: voom500