Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See, I'm really confused. On my order agreement that I actually made was 5/15. But as I have stated, it was a hold order. Finally decided to pull the trigger and release the hold and completed what was necessary for me to complete on July 17. Which date is considered technically my order date....May or July? Because if you say May then I will probably need to contact my SA otherwise I will wait.

I got the text alert to schedule my pickup today at Naperville. They asked for Aug 4, 5, or 6 so I obviously went for the 4th in the morning.
I still have a greyed-out "Review Agreements" button.

I now have the "Submit Final Payment" section but I'm going to skip doing it through Plaid and go for the cashier's check at delivery. I'm not too sure about using Plaid. Anybody else doing Plaid or do you prefer wire transfer or check?
My son used Plaid to finalize his down payment for his Model 3. Took a day or so because the site was down or not connecting to his bank but otherwise no problem as far as security goes (if that was a concern)

Emailed my online SA yesterday....yes on a Sunday and finally got a response. Not very helpful but somehow gave me some sense of direction......I suppose?
Thank you for reaching out. I completely understand your situation. This is an unprecedented time for our company as we have extremely high demand nationwide for our vehicles and we are working day in and out to fulfill your delivery. Please stay tuned and we will reach out to you as soon as we have a VIN to coordinate the delivery for you! Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
I know, I know; it looks like a scripted response but hey, this is the first response I got since trying to email and calling him last month. 😁

Emailed my online SA yesterday....yes on a Sunday and finally got a response. Not very helpful but somehow gave me some sense of direction......I suppose?

I know, I know; it looks like a scripted response but hey, this is the first response I got since trying to email and calling him last month. 😁
I've gotten responses from my SA, but they're all some version of that, or even more specific about how I "should have a VIN in the next few weeks". I understand these people obviously have no idea what's going on and are trying to provide customer service without info...but it's also truly insane that they have no idea what's going on. It's like Tesla created these showrooms and positions to create some kind of approximation of a car dealership, but then just told everybody they can figure out how to make it work.

Reactions: slvervper99
Sounds like a lot of people are having this issue today, but my 5/23 order that was holding steady at the end of this month just flipped to “October”. Hoping that’s a glitch.
Well, this is the first time I got a generalized edd and I have the same as you which is October. In the last 2 weeks, I never even had an edd until today albeit it's the whole month of October😁😁

Well, this is the first time I got a generalized edd and I have the same as you which is October. In the last 2 weeks, I never even had an edd until today albeit it's the whole month of October😁😁
When did you place the order? My edd is about a 2 week window which is the smallest since placing the order. My edd window decreased by a day and is not 8/14-8/27. Crossing my fingers this goes through soon.

Hopefully getting closer and am curious who everyone else is financing through and rates/terms? I know there is a separate forum but there is lots of odd credit unions I've never come across and not sure of those requirements.

When did you place the order? My edd is about a 2 week window which is the smallest since placing the order. My edd window decreased by a day and is not 8/14-8/27. Crossing my fingers this goes through soon.

Hopefully getting closer and am curious who everyone else is financing through and rates/terms? I know there is a separate forum but there is lots of odd credit unions I've never come across and not sure of those requirements.
I placed my order on 5/15 but was on hold. Finally released the hold on 7/17 and completed what needs to be completed, also used Tesla's financing which is Wells Fargo, I know they also use other banks like Chase, US Bank, etc. Got a edd of 9/15-9/30 after on 7/20 then disappeared the following day. Got a October expected delivery (no specific dates), yesterday 8/1. Which it looks to be the expected delivery month for most of us.

Well, tomorrow is Delivery Day! Got an automated appointment confirmation and my Sale Agreement has been accepted. So I have my checklist and will check out the car and hopefully will be all done by this time tomorrow.

Wish me luck!
Where do you pick up?

It'll be fine. Let us know how the new car is and if you see any new changes.

Where do you pick up?

It'll be fine. Let us know how the new car is and if you see any new changes.
In Lisle/Naperville on Ogden Ave.
Hopefully, those getting late August or September deliveries get the new batteries, I don't think I will.

I waited for almost 2 years trying to get a Toyota Rav4 Prime but the crazy MSRP overcharges and having to travel to one of the coasts to buy one just really soured me on that car.
So I decided to go full electric and the Model Y was just so nice to drive.

Well, did you get it?
Yes! Sorry for the late reply. Busy couple of days with work and the car.

I went to pick it up Wednesday morning, did the full inspection checklist. No issues. Couple of scuff marks or water stains that they buffed right out.
Handed over the cashier's check and signed and then that was it! It did come with paint protection on the back doors. No other noticeable changes.

There were a few other cars that I could see in the lot on the east side of the building. Maybe 12. Couldn't tell if they were employee-owned or ready for delivery. There were at least 3 MYs and a couple of M3s at the front but they all seemed to be test drive models since they had the dealer tags.

I have an appointment set for my Homelink install for next week. Still debating getting the big roof sreen for the sun. Not too harsh driving down Rt 59, but I could see it being a problem on sunier/hotter days.

So I'm all set. Already took a couple of friends out on the side roads by County Line Rd to test out the acceleration. Still gets me every time!

Yes! Sorry for the late reply. Busy couple of days with work and the car.

I went to pick it up Wednesday morning, did the full inspection checklist. No issues. Couple of scuff marks or water stains that they buffed right out.
Handed over the cashier's check and signed and then that was it! It did come with paint protection on the back doors. No other noticeable changes.

There were a few other cars that I could see in the lot on the east side of the building. Maybe 12. Couldn't tell if they were employee-owned or ready for delivery. There were at least 3 MYs and a couple of M3s at the front but they all seemed to be test drive models since they had the dealer tags.

I have an appointment set for my Homelink install for next week. Still debating getting the big roof sreen for the sun. Not too harsh driving down Rt 59, but I could see it being a problem on sunier/hotter days.

So I'm all set. Already took a couple of friends out on the side roads by County Line Rd to test out the acceleration. Still gets me every time!
I'm really glad for you. I wish I know when I'm getting mine but like some peeps, I am in limbo land. I also plan to get the homelink but I haven't bought the unit yet since I don't know exactly when I will get the car. 4.8 0-60 mph is pretty fast for an SUV. Enjoy and congrats