Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, this is crap......had my EDD for about 2 weeks straight ranging from Oct 16-19 to Nov 5-8. Now my EDD is back to just "October"🤬. wtf???
this is nothing new, Tesla has always done weird things with EDD's on the weekends, start to ignore weekend EDD's, by monday/ tuesday you should go back to a normal range. this is what we call octoberfest.

also, add a signature so we can see what your order date and configuration is.

this is nothing new, Tesla has always done weird things with EDD's on the weekends, start to ignore weekend EDD's, by monday/ tuesday you should go back to a normal range. this is what we call octoberfest.

also, add a signature so we can see what your order date and configuration is.
Agreed. The weekends are always funky. But if you were in the October/November range, you're probably going to save a lot of stress by just setting your expectations for "sometime before the end of 2021".

Reactions: ajs847
I ordered start of May but placed it on hold until July 1st based on wanting to take delivery at any point in August. Welp that was a big mistake. I should have just let it ride. My delivery is currently showing november 15 - December 7th. I’m in no rush work from home for my wife got extended until an undisclosed date but we would have really been in a pickle if she had to be back in the office by now. I’m thinking these delays have something to do when they think the austin factory will be online.

@slvervper99 Uff, yeah, having it push back sucks. I had 11/16–12/6 right after I completed my profile on 8/10, and apart from the "January" glitch, I've only moved slightly off of that.

@Benihect I was wondering about that, too! Not sure if that would be a good thing or a bad one. Austin is about half the distance from Chicago compared to Fremont, so maybe transport would be a bit faster? Seems like the early Austin batches (= us, if applicable) won't have the new batteries, but I wonder if maybe we'll get the newer headlights that have been on the Performance models for a while now?

Test drove a Model Y yesterday..... White on white with those Induction wheels...just awesome up close...didn't realize how beautiful these cars are up close even the fish like (Carp - specifically) nose 😁 . The white interior is just stunning, if I wasn't worried about the upkeep of the white seats and some of the trims, I would've probably gotten the white interior.

After many, many long weeks, finally got my VIN today. Final EDD looks to be 9/16-9/19, so just a few more weeks to wait.
I’m scheduled to pick mine up tomorrow but due to personal reason i am unable to. I’ve read that you can swap RN/VIN with someone. I was wondering If you have similar config as me and want to take the delivery sooner?

Mine is LR, white, 19” wheel, black and white interior, 5 seat and no FSD

I just don’t want to get put back at the end of the line and wait til January delivery.

Well, this is crap......had my EDD for about 2 weeks straight ranging from Oct 16-19 to Nov 5-8. Now my EDD is back to just "October"🤬. wtf???
I’m scheduled to pick mine up tomorrow but due to personal reason i am unable to. I’ve read that you can swap RN/VIN with someone. I was wondering If you have similar config as me and want to take the delivery sooner?

Mine is LR, white, 19” wheel, black and white interior, 5 seat and no FSD

I can wait til the end of October. I just don’t want to get put back at the end of the line and wait til January delivery.