Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Vin! Just a few minutes ago. Yippee!

OD 10/26/22 Plain Jane white/black MYLR
EDD June 5 - June 11, NE Illinois

Pickup will be in Schaumburg.

I'd like to pay by ACH but the app doesnt give me that option. Is there a trick to doing that?

I just hope this doesnt happen:
Teamsters, car-haulers go down to the wire in contract talks as trucker strike looms
They do ACH via Placid. It’s the default method.

Ordered MYLR on 5/61/22, EDD Nov 22 - Feb 23 for delivery in Naperville. Long wait, I guess..
Haven't really change much. Ordered mid-March with the same EDD. Tried doing a test run yesterday Jun 1, with the same config as mine to see if the EDD changed further down 2023, still says Nov 22-Feb 23. I am excited and worried at the same time since I have a trade in which I know will decrease in value when the my time comes.

wow, that is a long wait.. mine is MYLR Red/Black, no tow, no FSD.. what about u? About 3 weeks ago I went for a test drive, and the SA in Naperville said, he had a cancellation for a white/black, and was ready to re-assign. But, I was not ready yet! I should have probably gone for it.. Some lucky user got it..!

And they didn't call me, since that is my config (ordered in Naper/Lisla)? Pfffff. :(

OOD April '22. EDD is April '23.

Curious.. With IL EV credit kicking in.. how many of you are pushing your deliveries to after July 1st. Also, I read somewhere that, only the first 1500 EVs (4k per EV, overall budget is 6 Mil) will get the credit. Not sure, if 6 Mil is lifetime credit or per year.

Curious.. With IL EV credit kicking in.. how many of you are pushing your deliveries to after July 1st. Also, I read somewhere that, only the first 1500 EVs (4k per EV, overall budget is 6 Mil) will get the credit. Not sure, if 6 Mil is lifetime credit or per year.
I did not, since I had been waiting since August and was worried with all these supply chain issues, I took delivery. If they had pushed me into June, I may have held out.

But I am still going to apply for it. The requirement says you must apply within 90 days of delivery, and application will be available July 1. Figured I would give it a shot and see what happens. They are not supposed to be issuing funds until after 1 year of ownership.

I did not, since I had been waiting since August and was worried with all these supply chain issues, I took delivery. If they had pushed me into June, I may have held out.

But I am still going to apply for it. The requirement says you must apply within 90 days of delivery, and application will be available July 1. Figured I would give it a shot and see what happens. They are not supposed to be issuing funds until after 1 year of ownership.
Makes sense

The law says you must purchase the car AFTER July 1
Sec. 27. Electric vehicle rebate.
(a) Beginning July 1, 2022, and continuing as long as funds are available, each person shall be eligible to apply for a rebate, in the amounts set forth below, following the purchase of an electric vehicle in Illinois. The Agency shall issue rebates consistent with the provisions of this Act and any implementing regulations adopted by the Agency. In no event shall a rebate amount exceed the purchase price of the vehicle.
(1) Beginning July 1, 2022, a $4,000 rebate for the purchase of an electric vehicle.
(2) Beginning July 1, 2026, a $2,000 rebate for the purchase of an electric vehicle.
(3) Beginning July 1, 2028, a $1,000 rebate for the purchase of an electric vehicle.
(b) To be eligible to receive a rebate, a purchaser must:
(1) Reside in Illinois, both at the time the vehicle was purchased and at the time the rebate is issued.
(2) Purchase an electric vehicle in Illinois on or after July 1, 2022 and be the owner of the vehicle at the time the rebate is issued. Rented or leased vehicles, vehicles purchased from an out-of-state dealership, and vehicles delivered to or received by the purchaser out-of-state are not eligible for a rebate under this Act.

You can try applying but my guess is it wont go through.

The law says you must purchase the car AFTER July 1
Sec. 27. Electric vehicle rebate.
(a) Beginning July 1, 2022, and continuing as long as funds are available, each person shall be eligible to apply for a rebate, in the amounts set forth below, following the purchase of an electric vehicle in Illinois. The Agency shall issue rebates consistent with the provisions of this Act and any implementing regulations adopted by the Agency. In no event shall a rebate amount exceed the purchase price of the vehicle.
(1) Beginning July 1, 2022, a $4,000 rebate for the purchase of an electric vehicle.
(2) Beginning July 1, 2026, a $2,000 rebate for the purchase of an electric vehicle.
(3) Beginning July 1, 2028, a $1,000 rebate for the purchase of an electric vehicle.
(b) To be eligible to receive a rebate, a purchaser must:
(1) Reside in Illinois, both at the time the vehicle was purchased and at the time the rebate is issued.
(2) Purchase an electric vehicle in Illinois on or after July 1, 2022 and be the owner of the vehicle at the time the rebate is issued. Rented or leased vehicles, vehicles purchased from an out-of-state dealership, and vehicles delivered to or received by the purchaser out-of-state are not eligible for a rebate under this Act.

You can try applying but my guess is it wont go through.
Ya, I read it before I took delivery. Figured it couldn’t hurt to try anyway. I get as much money back if I don’t apply for it as if I do and they reject it. 😄

How bizarre. I ordered on May 11th, my original EDD was 28 July - 8 Sept, 7 days ago it was changed to 27 July - 31 Aug, today it was changed to 17 Jun - 1 July. I held off for a POST July 1st delivery to qualify for the EV Cash Rebate. If they try to deliver a car before July 1st I'll have to reject it.
Rx97DZx.png

Reactions: voom500
Got my VIN yesterday too. MYP, VIN F460. Date is June 17-21, picking up on Grand Ave. Ordered Feb 16.
The rebate thing is bothering me a lot, I'm feeling unsure of how to proceed. I suspect delaying won't really help me because it could be a few months before I see another car, at which point the rebate will be used up.

How does it work if you are out of town during your EDD? Do they hold the vehicle for couple weeks that is at end of EDD range?
Everything I have read from others says they will not hold it. If they give you a range to pick up, you can either get it then or pass on it and they will go to next person. Would be nice for people in Illinois this month if they would hold it to try and delay until July to get the rebate. But I doubt they will.