Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN yesterday too. MYP, VIN F460. Date is June 17-21, picking up on Grand Ave. Ordered Feb 16.
The rebate thing is bothering me a lot, I'm feeling unsure of how to proceed. I suspect delaying won't really help me because it could be a few months before I see another car, at which point the rebate will be used up.
They wont be used up that fast, it will be a few years at least. Then maybe refunded.

Agree. Even though they are initially funding it with a small amount of money, they must be intending on adding more money or they would not have set a schedule where it $4000 for the 2022 - 2026 and dropping to $2000 in July 2026.
with the deficit that Illinois is running, this $4k rebate is really just a down payment on a future tax hike or additional piece of regulation that will tack on another fee hidden as a tax.

Speaking as a disillusioned voter who voted dem for decades.

We live in the state of "pay to play"... nothing is free here, once enough EV's are on the road to make a dent in gas tax profits our registration fees will go up.

Having said that, take the money if you can, but we're all buying $60k plus SUV's... I'm assuming a $4k rebate isn't going to break the bank for any of us fortunate enough to consider buying a Tesla.

with the deficit that Illinois is running, this $4k rebate is really just a down payment on a future tax hike or additional piece of regulation that will tack on another fee hidden as a tax.

Speaking as a disillusioned voter who voted dem for decades.

We live in the state of "pay to play"... nothing is free here, once enough EV's are on the road to make a dent in gas tax profits our registration fees will go up.

Having said that, take the money if you can, but we're all buying $60k plus SUV's... I'm assuming a $4k rebate isn't going to break the bank for any of us fortunate enough to consider buying a Tesla.
Difficult choice this month for many. Not sure what I would do. A free 4k separated by a couple weeks. Luckily my Edd is aug- sept. Or is that unlucky.

I ordered my black exterior white interior MYP on 3/22/22

My EDD has said June 15 - July 17 for a while now and it still says that.

I’m surprised that I’m within 2 weeks off my window and I have not been pushed back if

Is it safe to say I will be getting a VIN soon?
Or should I expect another delay?

I ordered my black exterior white interior MYP on 3/22/22

My EDD has said June 15 - July 17 for a while now and it still says that.

I’m surprised that I’m within 2 weeks off my window and I have not been pushed back if

Is it safe to say I will be getting a VIN soon?
Or should I expect another delay?
Hard to say. My EDD went from a month to 14 days when 2 weeks out. Last 2 weeks of EDD were cut off. So had first half of range. Next day I went to 4 days and hours later a VIN.

It takes 10-14 days from VIN to delivery to Chicago.

Reactions: Automaz_
This is getting really interesting, ordered my PMY on May 11th, 2022 here are the EDDs I received:

July 28th - Sept 8th
July 27th - Aug 31st
Jun 27th - Jul 1st

and an hour ago

Jun 15th - Jun 28th
WmByitu.png

All since May 11th.

When I placed my order the EDD window on the Tesla.com page showed a delivery window of July - Sept 2022 and when asked if I would accept an earlier delivery I checked NO. I never in a million years thought my EDD would keep being bumped backward. Under normal circumstances, I'd be happy, but we are committed to two family events, and under no circumstance can I accept the delivery before July 7th. So should I be given a VIN, I'll be forced to DELAY delivery.

So when does that option to DELAY delivery become available to me?

Thanks in advance.

This is getting really interesting, ordered my PMY on May 11th, 2022 here are the EDDs I received:

July 28th - Sept 8th
July 27th - Aug 31st
Jun 27th - Jul 1st

and an hour ago

Jun 15th - Jun 28th
WmByitu.png

All since May 11th.

When I placed my order the EDD window on the Tesla.com page showed a delivery window of July - Sept 2022 and when asked if I would accept an earlier delivery I checked NO. I never in a million years thought my EDD would keep being bumped backward. Under normal circumstances, I'd be happy, but we are committed to two family events, and under no circumstance can I accept the delivery before July 7th. So should I be given a VIN, I'll be forced to DELAY delivery.

Thanks in advance.
LOL how in the world … I ordered my MYP 3/22/22 and my window is June 17- July 15

Which Illinois dealership did you order from

July 28th - Sept 8th
July 27th - Aug 31st
Jun 27th - Jul 1st

and an hour ago

Jun 15th - Jun 28th
WmByitu.png

All since May 11th.

Thanks in advance

July 28th - Sept 8th
July 27th - Aug 31st
Jun 27th - Jul 1st

and an hour ago

Jun 15th - Jun 28th
WmByitu.png

All since May 11th.

Thanks in advance.
Until you get a VIN take it all with a grain of salt. At the end of the quarter they want to push as many cars out as possible, so they alert anyone who is remotely close to delivery date that their car may be coming just in case one becomes available for you. It's a psychological game. It happened to me for end of March, then it changed to June, and now I have my VIN.

I don't know when the delay option becomes available, but without a VIN I wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah, I recently tried out leaf blowers. I actually tried both the EGO and Ryobi top end leaf blowers (the 930 CFM type ones). I ultimately chose the Ryobi, because it comes with a silicone tip already, and Ryobi claimed their product is "whisper series leaf blowers", and they really meant it. It was quite a bit quieter than the EGO, especially since the EGO has a high pitch noise which is aggravating, which the ryobi didn't. The ryobi was just as loud as my normal carpet vacuum, so I rarely use ear protection anymore, but I definitely would with the EGO.

Regardless.....how are you using your leaf blower?

So, I first tried using the leaf blower to actually "dry" the car by trying to push the water off the car, but....that would either take too long or be too aggravating. I'm not sure how people are actually drying the car with a leaf blower. It would be nice if you could, because you wouldn't risk striping the car with a towel.

I only found the leaf blower useful after doing a foam cannon/pressure washer wash, to blast water out of hard to dry areas, like, the license plate area, rear view mirrors, wheels, side cameras, etc. I also usually just do ONR type washes now anyway, which makes leaf blowers a rarely used tool for me (there is not water that gets into the hard to reach areas).

Until you get a VIN take it all with a grain of salt. At the end of the quarter they want to push as many cars out as possible, so they alert anyone who is remotely close to delivery date that their car may be coming just in case one becomes available for you. It's a psychological game. It happened to me for end of March, then it changed to June, and now I have my VIN.

I don't know when the delay option becomes available, but without a VIN I wouldn't worry about it.
Thanks for the sanity check.

my EDD just went from Nov-22 few weeks back to Dec-22 last week, and to, Aug-31 to Oct 12th. Finally a two week period assigned. I spoke my local SA, and he keeps saying, that some demo Model Ys (White - 7 Seats, MYP - Black) with 1500 miles are coming up for sale. Not sure, if I should wait or get the demo units. What do you guys think.

PS. Zero discounts on demo units

Do not get a demo unit. In my opinion if there is no discount then there is no incentive … so might as well have some patience for a fresh new smelling car with the options that YOU chose yourself
💯 agree. No idea how many people in that car and as a demo, not treated great. They may have fixed any issues, but still. And no discount? Wait for new. Love that new car smell.

Saw this after checking my account. At least it's better than Dec 2022 - March 2023. At the very least a more specific time frame 12/12- 2/6View attachment 814658
🤣 🤣
Your profile is incomplete... fill out the pre-delivery tasks ASAP in order to make sure you take delivery.

for insurance, any current valid insurance works, you don't have to worry about updating.
for payment do cash and then when you get a VIN assigned you'll have 2-3 weeks to figure out financing or lease (this way you don't need to keep trade in/ finance options and they won't ping your credit)

those are the most important steps, but make sure those pre-delivery tasks are filled out. It seems premature but Tesla just needs to relabel them as "I want the car options"

Your profile is incomplete... fill out the pre-delivery tasks ASAP in order to make sure you take delivery.

for insurance, any current valid insurance works, you don't have to worry about updating.
for payment do cash and then when you get a VIN assigned you'll have 2-3 weeks to figure out financing or lease (this way you don't need to keep trade in/ finance options and they won't ping your credit)

those are the most important steps, but make sure those pre-delivery tasks are filled out. It seems premature but Tesla just needs to relabel them as "I want the car options"
For me insurance is grayed out until I get a Vin I assume