Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN yesterday too. MYP, VIN F460. Date is June 17-21, picking up on Grand Ave. Ordered Feb 16.
The rebate thing is bothering me a lot, I'm feeling unsure of how to proceed. I suspect delaying won't really help me because it could be a few months before I see another car, at which point the rebate will be used up.
Just wanted to follow up here. I took delivery last Thursday AM, June 16. MYP Silver/black no FSD. I decided that further waiting wasn't worth it for me for a number of reasons. I probably would have saved some money (with the rebate), but it wouldn't have been the entire $4k because I had an expiring lease I would have had to keep paying (throwing money into the garbage) and interest rates on auto loans are only going up right now. Plus the anticipation was killing me. :)

I came from a Model 3, and prior to that from a model S (60D). I think this MYP is my favorite of all. The S was too large but was an awesome car. The 3 was great but too small and didn't handle anything like the S. This P version of the Y hits a sweet spot for me- bigger than the 3 but smaller than the S (8" shorter and 2" less wide). It is fast as all f*** and the handling is superb with the stock wide tires. This thing sticks to the road much better than the 3 I had, it reminds me of the S much more. I don't find the ride particularly rough, I know others sometimes have issues with that. I love the looks, especially with the spoiler, wide tires, and uberterbine wheels.

Delivery was very easy at Grand Ave If you are a prior Tesla owner it's pretty seamless. If not you might have some questions and take a bit more time. They even transferred my old plates (nice low EL number that I didn't want to give up). Total time I spent was less than 45 minutes, which included returning my lease, transferring plates, setting up the new car in my app and general walking around smiling.

I find the build quality much better than my 2019 Model 3. Gaps are pretty uniform. Paint finish is good. The only flaw I found was that one headlight sits slightly higher than the other, somewhere between 1/4 to 1/2" higher compared to the hood. I'm ok with that, it took a lot of looking to find that, I don't think I'll have it adjusted.

As others have pointed out- there is no 14-50 adaptor, so for now I'm trickle charging in my garage. When it comes back into stock I'll buy one from Tesla. NBD.

Attachments

• 20220616_102814.jpg
    20220616_102814.jpg
    717.9 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: Swoll78 and BGOwner
Congrats to all of you getting your car but with both a MS and MYP on order I'm voting for July 1. I already got the MS put on hold and will not accept the MYP unless we can pick up after July 1. $8000 is still $8000
Make sure they are registered to different names. Only one rebate will be issued to a purchaser in any 10-year period.

It does not look like they’re doing it by household, but by purchaser

Reactions: Carlos Danger
Absolutely LOVE of 2020 LR AWD Y. Ordered on June 29th, 2020, built on July 12th, and delivered on July 28th, 2020. Here are my current stats.
c8rl6yy.jpg

Over 9K of the total miles are "road trip" miles from southern IL to southern MD via I-64 to visit our grandkids. Trip A was reset on Feb 21st when we returned from our last trip to MD so it's essentially "metro-east" driving with two trips to STL IAP, the ZOO, and various locations over in St Louis. The stats speak for themselves.

As for the car after the initial post-delivery QC issues we ID'd and were ALL fixed by the Chesterfield Service Center I have had only TWO WARRANTY claims, one was for the Heat Pump High-Pressure Values many early Y's needed replacing and a fog light that "fogged" over and was repaired by a mobile tech. I still have the factory wiper blades (I use Rain-X) and cabin filters (no stinky smell - yet) rotated the tires just once at 15K miles and they were ALL at 7/32nds. I have had no real complaints or issues. I did add partial PPF, tinted the door glass added the Performance Boost Upgrade, GPS HomeLink, PWS and a bunch of other accessories that will stay with the car. I did pay $450 to replace the side repeater cameras with the newer ones to eliminate the nighttime glare issues when using the cameras for Blind Spot monitoring. I also had the wheels painted GLOSS Black and the calipers GLOSS RED.
9JmCxki.jpg

I have it listed as a trade on my order but if Tesla lowballs me I'll try a private sale, then an online buyer.

Whoever buys my Y will be getting a great pre-owned Y.
Where did you get our windows tinted? Fellow SO IL guy here and trying to navigate who has Tesla experience.

I've never really heard of PPF until I started researching Teslas a few years back. I've also never had a new car before this, so maybe that's part of it. Is PPF a thing that people but for all cars or are Teslas more prone to needing it?

I've never really heard of PPF until I started researching Teslas a few years back. I've also never had a new car before this, so maybe that's part of it. Is PPF a thing that people but for all cars or are Teslas more prone to needing it?
Yes all cars get PPF, usually higher end cars. Teslas are just known to have not so great paint and are higher end cars that commonly get PPF.

Reactions: Bikeman and Swoll78
Not at all Needed just depends on how OCD the owner is. As the Tesla has an all painted front end unlike cars with 50% grill area many opt to protect from chips as they plan to keep the car longer. I personally bought a front end PPF kit for a few hundred and did it myself. Not rocket science just take your time. Took me a Saturday to do the entire front end and looks great. No way I would pay the crazy money many here paid to have this done let alone doing the entire Car? All owners choice but not required.

Reactions: Swoll78
Not at all Needed just depends on how OCD the owner is. As the Tesla has an all painted front end unlike cars with 50% grill area many opt to protect from chips as they plan to keep the car longer. I personally bought a front end PPF kit for a few hundred and did it myself. Not rocket science just take your time. Took me a Saturday to do the entire front end and looks great. No way I would pay the crazy money many here paid to have this done let alone doing the entire Car? All owners choice but not required.

Which PPF did you go with and where did you buy it?

I believe the company was North Tints. They also sell on eBay. Pretty simple, water and alcohol spray bottle and watch a few videos. Just make sure you have a helper for the full front bumper. Extra hands makes it easier.
Good to hear. I was planning on doing my own and using that seller as well. Sometimes I get hesitant because some people claim it should only be left to the pros but I figure even if I get 90% of the results of the pros it’s worth the money saved.

I had an SA in Naperville tell me today that all Model Y Performance models are now going to be shipped with Pirelli summer performance tires. No more Michelin all seasons. Anyone else heard this? My order goes active shortly and I had been praying for the all seasons. Prayer denied! Seems like a very, very odd decision for Tesla, especially for northern locations like Chicagoland, as the Pirelli's are almost undriveable in winter weather.

I had an SA in Naperville tell me today that all Model Y Performance models are now going to be shipped with Pirelli summer performance tires. No more Michelin all seasons. Anyone else heard this? My order goes active shortly and I had been praying for the all seasons. Prayer denied! Seems like a very, very odd decision for Tesla, especially for northern locations like Chicagoland, as the Pirelli's are almost undriveable in winter weather.
I hope and pray your wrong. I have a solution already bought and paid for siting in my garage - a set of 18” tires and wheels from TSportLine with some 245/50-ZR18 Michelin A/S tires. But to me the Pirelli’s are a downgrade. I was going to keep them but will now probably sell them and recoup some of the $2700 I paid for the TSportLine tires/wheels.

Those of you who recently got their vehicle what kind of rates did Tesla offer? And what other competitive CU's are offering?
Great question! I would love to know as well. I have casually looked poked around at several local (Chicagoland) CU's and seen mostly in the upper 2's or low/mid 3's for terms up to 72 months. Might get a smidge lower with shorter terms. Anyone else seen lower?

Reactions: Gladius
Great question! I would love to know as well. I have casually looked poked around at several local (Chicagoland) CU's and seen mostly in the upper 2's or low/mid 3's for terms up to 72 months. Might get a smidge lower with shorter terms. Anyone else seen lower?
I got 3.74% for 72 months with Wells Fargo through Tesla. Other than credit unions, I found that to be a competitive rate.

Reactions: Gladius