Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an SA in Naperville tell me today that all Model Y Performance models are now going to be shipped with Pirelli summer performance tires. No more Michelin all seasons. Anyone else heard this? My order goes active shortly and I had been praying for the all seasons. Prayer denied! Seems like a very, very odd decision for Tesla, especially for northern locations like Chicagoland, as the Pirelli's are almost undriveable in winter weather.
Like most things Tesla believe it only when you see it. Tesla is notoriously bad at spreading correct information among their employees and their customers. I would not give up hope on this.

Check out this thread too: Which tires did you get on your 2022 MYP?

Like most things Tesla believe it only when you see it. Tesla is notoriously bad at spreading correct information among their employees and their customers. I would not give up hope on this.

Check out this thread too: Which tires did you get on your 2022 MYP?
Thanks! I just read through all the posts. Very helpful and appreciated. As others have said, it is just so incredibly odd that they have no way of effectively organizing this kind of information internally, and/or allowing a customer to request tires that are best for them. One of the things Tesla promotes themselves as is a software company that makes cars. Can they not figure out a tiny tweak to their ordering and production software to allow for customer preference when it comes to tires? I will not give up hope...until I see the car in person!

I see couple of demo models in sale in Seattle. Can you buy it there and drive all the way back to IL. What about sales tax situation, will Tesla handle it or do we have to do it. Also, I hope there is no local tax to pay in WA for buying there. Does anyone know?

I see couple of demo models in sale in Seattle. Can you buy it there and drive all the way back to IL. What about sales tax situation, will Tesla handle it or do we have to do it. Also, I hope there is no local tax to pay in WA for buying there. Does anyone know?
You pay Illinois sales tax still. Pretty sure if you pay the shipping, they will ship it to local dealer. but you would need to call SA and have your reservation switched to the available demo.

MYP, White/Black, tow, no FSD...order had been on hold since November, but went active this past week.

First EDD range popped up today on 7/1: Nov. 9-Jan. 4th. Seriously??

The currently posted lead time is Aug-Oct. Such a bad way to wake up today.
😞
My current lease is expiring the end of August and I can be creative for a bit after that, but this EDD was a gut punch. I know the EDD's change like the wind, but still. So disappointing. Tesla knew the exact date the order was activating since November. SA's and online reps kept telling me over and over that I could get a car in days, weeks, or worst case it would default to the currently posted lead time. Now this is what I get? Ugh...

MYP, White/Black, tow, no FSD...order had been on hold since November, but went active this past week.

First EDD range popped up today on 7/1: Nov. 9-Jan. 4th. Seriously??

The currently posted lead time is Aug-Oct. Such a bad way to wake up today.
😞
My current lease is expiring the end of August and I can be creative for a bit after that, but this EDD was a gut punch. I know the EDD's change like the wind, but still. So disappointing. Tesla knew the exact date the order was activating since November. SA's and online reps kept telling me over and over that I could get a car in days, weeks, or worst case it would default to the currently posted lead time. Now this is what I get? Ugh...
Not sure I understand, you had your car on hold for 7 months and your upset with Them that you have to wait? Ok

Got an email from the Illinois electric rebate program. All the info seems to be what was expected except I'm not really sure what they mean by First round must be post marked by 9/30/22? Wonder if the second round starts Immediately after? I mean why even have round dates?
Interesting and thanks for posting, I guess we will all learn from the first folks to apply and can explain the process in detail. My latest EDD is Aug 7th - Sept 11th, so I might be included in that "first round" of applicants.

Interesting and thanks for posting, I guess we will all learn from the first folks to apply and can explain the process in detail. My latest EDD is Aug 7th - Sept 11th, so I might be included in that "first round" of applicants.
I also ordered on May 11. Near the Wisconsin border by Chicago. I switched to MYP on May 19th. My dates are one day after yours on both ends, but I don't have a lot of faith

Got an email from the Illinois electric rebate program. All the info seems to be what was expected except I'm not really sure what they mean by First round must be post marked by 9/30/22? Wonder if the second round starts Immediately after? I mean why even have round dates?
I have corresponded with both the IL EPA and a couple of IL reps regarding the rebate. Some additional details. If funds are depleted, all rebates will cease to be paid. There is no guarantee additional rebate application windows will open, and no indication of when they will be available, if at all. Since they have no idea how much interest there will be, it sounds like this will be a very limited opportunity, for a very limited number of people unfortunately. I was also told that you must purchase within the 90 day window (Jul. 1st-Sept. 30th), and also have your application submitted with 90 days of purchase. Basically, if you purchase on Oct. 1st or after, you may end up with nothing, and if they run out of money after a week or a month, you are also going to be out of luck. Illinois only funded the program, at least initially, with enough money to last for a couple thousand applications.

Not sure I understand, you had your car on hold for 7 months and your upset with Them that you have to wait? Ok
I am disappointed that everything I have been told by everyone who works for Tesla (SA's and online) appears to have been massively inaccurate. I am also disappointed that, relative to every single other new or existing order for MYP that I have seen on other forums here, my EDD appears to be months longer than any other MYP currently or previously ordered. I think a 5-7 month EDD for a MYP is pretty disappointing, but that's just me. If you disagree, that's cool. Different strokes.

I have corresponded with both the IL EPA and a couple of IL reps regarding the rebate. Some additional details. If funds are depleted, all rebates will cease to be paid. There is no guarantee additional rebate application windows will open, and no indication of when they will be available, if at all. Since they have no idea how much interest there will be, it sounds like this will be a very limited opportunity, for a very limited number of people unfortunately. I was also told that you must purchase within the 90 day window (Jul. 1st-Sept. 30th), and also have your application submitted with 90 days of purchase. Basically, if you purchase on Oct. 1st or after, you may end up with nothing, and if they run out of money after a week or a month, you are also going to be out of luck. Illinois only funded the program, at least initially, with enough money to last for a couple thousand applications.
Well on the brighter side they aren’t going to run out anytime soon because you can’t buy a car anywhere even if you wanted too. Another note. People will be playing Russian roulette with used cars from dealers because if a used car already received a rebate it can’t get another. So people should be weary. I don’t know if there is a way to check.

Yep, my bad. I got that same number from the IL EPA a little while ago. Still though, that's still not a lot of cars if the bill is supposed to help Illinois put 1 million EV's on the road by 2030.
True but they have said from the beginning that they intend to add more money as it goes, thats why the program is set up to last years with a couple reductions in rebate amounts. Anything can happen but that is the plan

Origanal order date was in November 21. White/White MYLR (No-Tow) EDD was pushed back a few weeks ago to August 18-September 22

Just changed to performance today. How realistic is to get the MYP White/White (no tow, no fsd) this month?