Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! That's unfortunate that those that ordered before the April date will no longer get a mobile charger. Does the same go for the J1772 adapter?
I think everyone still gets the adapter. It did include the 110 standard plug I don’t recall the number. I didn’t think about the august date it that way. I was thinking everyone that ordered before the April date will get it free no matter when they pick up but everyone that ordered after will still get it if the get vin before the august date. Not 100% sure but I feel like they will honor the orders prior to April date still

Ok, question one of a million I will have over the next two weeks. So I received my VIN about 36 hours ago. I have done everything on the list for "delivery" and I am only awaiting them to finish the offer on my trade. How long does this take and how long should I wait until I reach out. Also, I see that some say they received an email informing them of their VIN assignment. I have had silence. No emails, no texts, nothing. I plan to get Tesla insurance as it will only be $70 a month for me for what I chose for my parameters but it will not let me finalize that until I have my delivery date set. Yes, I am being impatient but I think this is normal. I just don't know what to expect and from who. Is it my local SA who is supposed to be sending those texts and email? Thanks in advance.

Ok, question one of a million I will have over the next two weeks. So I received my VIN about 36 hours ago. I have done everything on the list for "delivery" and I am only awaiting them to finish the offer on my trade. How long does this take and how long should I wait until I reach out. Also, I see that some say they received an email informing them of their VIN assignment. I have had silence. No emails, no texts, nothing. I plan to get Tesla insurance as it will only be $70 a month for me for what I chose for my parameters but it will not let me finalize that until I have my delivery date set. Yes, I am being impatient but I think this is normal. I just don't know what to expect and from who. Is it my local SA who is supposed to be sending those texts and email? Thanks in advance.
I received my first post VIN text 48 hours from VIN assignment once the vehicle had shipped. The trade in can take from 1-3 days.

Congrats I woke up to my EDD slipping to 17 NOV - December 29 From June of this year originally
That doesn't make any sense. Someone can order a MYLR today, with no upgrades, and get delivery as early as December. If that's the case, I would assume that demand is dropping, so your EDD should get bumped up a lot. Perhaps to the end of this quarter.

P.S. still no VIN here. Sitting at EDD of Sep 4 - Oct 2.

That doesn't make any sense. Someone can order a MYLR today, with no upgrades, and get delivery as early as December. If that's the case, I would assume that demand is dropping, so your EDD should get bumped up a lot. Perhaps to the end of this quarter.

P.S. still no VIN here. Sitting at EDD of Sep 4 - Oct 2.
He failed to note that he Had a vin and requested a cancel bump later in a hunt for a rebate. So yeah he’s not on a priority interest list.

UPDATE on our 5-day-old PMY:

Oh and my text makes it sound like it was the PPF guy's fault, IT WAS NOT. My punctuation is faulty as I was pissed when I was typing this. The PPF guy had my cr 2.5 days of the two that I owned it. Unfortunately, I can't edit my original post to correct my error.

Got a text this evening to schedule delivery and selected 9/9/2022.

Emailed with SA earlier and he said car is still in Milpitas CA (right near Freemont). I got the text 3 days ago that the a car had left the factory, so I'm assuming I just need to wait for it to be shipped by rail to Chicago.

M3RWD / Black / Black / Aero / No FSD / OD: 4/15/2022/ VIN assigned 8/26/2022 / EDD: 9/8/2022-9/12/2022 / Delivery Scheduled 9/9/2022

Still trying to figure out the edd stuff. Yes I CX a vin in the beginning of June. But My new EDD date then became beginning of July, middle of July end of July beginning of Aug, middle of Aug, Then End of Sept, Then the first week of sept, and now the end of the year, Scratch that just looked for grins its now 02-30 Oct

Just a quick question to anyone who can answer. I've already searched the forum and find very limited info about trade ins.
How true is it that having a trade in prolongs delivery (true or hoax) or is it those coincidence type things. I will be trading in my current car when the time comes and not sure if it's worth trading it in or selling it to Carmax, Cargurus, etc. Otherwise, I'll contact my SA whoever they are and let them know that I do have a trade in at some point.

Just a quick question to anyone who can answer. I've already searched the forum and find very limited info about trade ins.
How true is it that having a trade in prolongs delivery (true or hoax) or is it those coincidence type things. I will be trading in my current car when the time comes and not sure if it's worth trading it in or selling it to Carmax, Cargurus, etc. Otherwise, I'll contact my SA whoever they are and let them know that I do have a trade in at some point.
It can prolong if your trade offer expires. You can also be delayed a bit if financing in the app expires. Your best bet is to set up your order as cash with no trade in until you get a VIN. Once you get a VIN, then add in your trade in and/or financing.

Reactions: slvervper99