Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illuminated door handles.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buy a white car 🤣

The satin black handles are easy to locate. This is one of the reasons I went with white.

45D066CC-468D-4CF9-A291-899524082358.jpeg

Alternatively what about a reflective tape on the handles?

Gebildet Glow in The Dark Self-Adhesive Tape, Green Light Luminous Tape Sticker, 16.4 ft x 0.8 inch (5m x 2cm): Waterproof, Removable, Durable, Wearable, Stable, Safety https://amzn.eu/d/bcD66gB

Last edited:
I use low tech aftermarket door handles and they make it much easier to find the door handles at night. I can usually see them silhouetted but if I can't then I easily find them by touch. And, of course, other people don't need instructions to open the door. IMHO the 3/Y handles were one of the few goofs by the Tesla engineering team. I just don't think the efficiency gain is worth the degraded convenience and ease of use.

If efficiency is a concern then I recommend using EVglass which can cut wintertime range loss by 24%. IMO this should be standard equipment.

• Funny
Reactions: Sonny-Jim
As the dark nights draw in I was wondering if anyone had fitted lighting behind the door handle to make them easier to find at night or even early morning.

Any experiences or advice great,y appreciate.
I'm with you, same annoyance. The answers here so far aren't satisfying. It might be nice if the car illuminated something when it detects a proximate phone key, at least the drivers door. Even just a faint light

Reactions: Jhawkm84
As the dark nights draw in I was wondering if anyone had fitted lighting behind the door handle to make them easier to find at night or even early morning.

Any experiences or advice great,y appreciate.
There are aftermarket companies that sell illuminated door handles that also pop out automatically, Teslarati and Hansshow are two of them. They're not cheap, around $500, and look pretty complicated to install as a DIY. You have to take all 4 doors apart to install them. I haven't done this yet, but I'm thnking about it.