Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm a dealer and Tesla removed my car's FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla should be forced to deliver the car in the same condition with the same options as when it Was "advertised" during preview. They should remove the feature before the vehicle is offered for sale to dealers if they intend to downgrade the car. I think they have that right, it just needs to be done in a way that is clearly disclosed to the buyer. It's as if I buy a used Tesla from their own website, it says the car includes FSD, but then they deliver a car without the feature.
Can you clarify who the seller was .. were you purchasing from Tesla, or from another party? Were you provided any paperwork listing the options that were installed on the car?

Can you clarify who the seller was .. were you purchasing from Tesla, or from another party? Were you provided any paperwork listing the options that were installed on the car?
Look at post #1. He bought it from Manheim.

My former used '13 Leaf ended up at a Manheim auction after the previous driver returned it at end of lease. The used car dealer I bought it from way before COVID would bid on Leafs at Manehim and sell the ones he won the bids on. I bought it in mid-July 2015.

Back then, end of lease Leafs (and probably most/all off-lease Nissan and Infinitis in the US) would end up at Manheim auctions where those w/dealer's licenses could bid on them. I've seen other Leafs there and elsewhere in the wild that came from Manheim (and posted about it at Used LEAF - Ways it could end badly? - Page 2 - My Nissan Leaf Forum).

Last edited:
Not sure why you revived this, but he answered all those questions in a follow up post:
I'm a dealer and Tesla removed my car's FSD

Long story short, he bought from Manheim, which as others pointed out is an auction house that dealers frequently buy from. There was paperwork (a report), but it did not say FSD was included. The assumption it was included came from it showing on the screen when looking at the car. Manheim for their part already denied the arbitration.

Basically the moral is, unless the paperwork explicitly promises FSD is included, assume it is not included (regardless of what the car's screen shows). And to be clear, that is promises *for this particular sale* that it is included, an old Monroney sticker or paperwork from when it left factory is not such, given as per all used cars, options can be removed after market.

Last edited:
Congratulations, you have been saved from the Tesla FSD scam. Otherwise you would have to suffer the equivalent shortcomings of the FSD.

My biggest gripe with Tesla Autopilot and the like is it seems they have been coded by someone who isn't a good driver. Basic assumptions about road shapes and maneuvers etc. are not those of an experienced driver. It lacks think ahead and consistency logic (a posteriori prioritization of upcoming scenarios consistent with the past).
“Congratulations, you have been saved from the Tesla FSD scam.” Actually, it sounds like he priced in the option as he bought the car so the monetary damage was done.