Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm a Member...just pulled the trigger on a CPO 85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats on the purchase. My sister-in-law just scooped up a red '13 85 from SanFran w/ Tech, pano, air, and sound studio for $61,700 the same day you did.

We took delivery of our '12 CPO 85 a few months back and had to pay the $1,500 to transport from Seattle to Atlanta.

just an update I still have not seen the car yet or have seen a inspection report
I have been told it was sent to the body shop now twice, the last to replace the bumpers
everytime i send a email its almost ready....anybody else have any delays in the process?
is this normal in getting a car ready. Should I be concerned by this...Initial car fax report per tesla is it came back clean,
but I have not seen it. just pissed im still waiting. Sold my truck and my financing is only good for 30 days.

And just for a chuckle, I asked them to value a second trade in, a fully loaded 2014 Volt. I have 5 months to go on lease. Under mileage
and wanted to see like other companies sometimes have a buy back program to turn in early. But Tesla does not. and they gave me a quote of 12000 if it was not a lease....they said the Volt has dropped in value since the new one was announced.

I gave up after over a month of working on a few CPO and Demo cars. In my opinion, no used car should be offered for sale without actual pictures posted and its real use should be made clear. After having to give up on a demo car due to being mislead (not purposely) on leasing and financing (was a 2014 with too many miles to lease and banks wouldnt finance as a purchase unless titled as used which meant no tax credit or rebate as it was sold to me) 2 of the CPO cars I was looking at were taking forever to get pictures on and it turned out that they were turned into service loaners and out with customers which is why pictures werent able to be taken. Tesla should not be taking deposits on these until pictures (if not local to be seen in person) along with service history and inspection reports are provided. I can tell you that it is a fight to get your deposit back if you decide to stop waiting like I did. 5 weeks.... I ended up selling my last car via private party within 3 days of posting on AutoTrader and bought a private party 2013 P85+ pretty we loaded 2 days later. So what I couldnt get done in 5 weeks with Tesla I took care in 5 days. Their CPO program needs an overhaul or just let someone like Autonation or Carmax handle it.

I had a similar experience which is why I just gave up. I had found out after speaking to the local sales manager that some of the CPO cars end up as demo and service loaners and sales struggles with tracking them down and staying on top of their status. He also mentioned that first priority is on moving new cars which also explained why selling me a CPO car never felt like a priority. Maybe you can ask for the sales manager and talk about the situation. I had to do this to get anywhere on my issue.

Not really the point and not an acceptable way to look at the situation. You give Tesla a deposit, make plans to sell your car and then have to sit around waiting for updates that never come or the common courtesy of returning a phone call? This is not the way to provide a positive customer experience and certainly not inline with all the other great things about Tesla as a whole.

Just received pictures of the car and a inspection report

will post pictures later and service report

In report dated, 03/2015 it shows rims damaged, tire depth low, and b pillars showing ware, and marked R or replace

So i did find out they replaced all rims and mounted upgraded Michelins instead of standard Goodyear tires the car came with.

Tesla does not carry the goodyear tires any more so this is what you get.

the pictures look great with the exception of a small quarter size dent with a paint blob over it.....should qualify to be repaired as its larger than 3/8 of an inch per inspection report....

So waiting on a couple of questions, and the car...

They say it will take an additional 3 to 4 weeks....

How long do you have to wait

It now looks like this process will take 2 months

I have Tesla credit waiting, they only say offer is good for thirty days.

I have excepted a trade offer for my truck but dont want to turn in truck and be out of a car for another 4 weeks

and I may loose offer if I dont turn over truck

thought this would be a quicker process...

Wild

aMhV5yN.jpg

8axXmqs.jpg

EjHpU9Z.jpg

sT9NMQG.jpg

528IcWU.jpg

4x2bLKQ.jpg

PVKbpKY.jpg

gcvTdcR.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

car is on its way to van nuys
they replaced the b pillars and added the parcel shelf
there is another area on paint that will be repaired
then its mine

So I was told from the pictures the car has fog lights.... a plus
Hope thats true...I also hope that it has ambient lighting, cant tell form pictures
it did not have the parcel shelf, but the cpo check list says to add to car if not present
They also informed me it has the battery shield and an annual service will be performed
prior to turning over car, besides the small paint repair and a complete detail after delivery

So I was told from the pictures the car has fog lights.... a plus
Hope thats true...I also hope that it has ambient lighting, cant tell form pictures
it did not have the parcel shelf, but the cpo check list says to add to car if not present
They also informed me it has the battery shield and an annual service will be performed
prior to turning over car, besides the small paint repair and a complete detail after delivery

The wait is not surprising...and so are mishaps in communications...but they're worth it!

My P85D CPO took about two months to prepare and get to my SC.
When I received it, they had done a good detailing job removing most brushes and marks on the car, including replacing the driver side window that was 'carved' in.
They had put brand new wheels and tires, same as originai, i.e. 21" turbine staggered setup with new Michelin! :biggrin:
We left for our summer vacation the same week we received it and put in 4000 km in the first two weeks!!!
Enjoy!

Thanks Roadrunner

I turn in my Truck tomorrow and get a rental from Tesla till the car arrives and is ready

My poor truck...it was a good warrior But 17 miles per gallon and a final recall notice in the mail today for a faulty drivers air bag
Im so ready for my Tesla.........its somewhere on a cargo truck.....wish i had GPS to see where it is and is going

Thanks Roadrunner

I turn in my Truck tomorrow and get a rental from Tesla till the car arrives and is ready

My poor truck...it was a good warrior But 17 miles per gallon and a final recall notice in the mail today for a faulty drivers air bag
Im so ready for my Tesla.........its somewhere on a cargo truck.....wish i had GPS to see where it is and is going

Hang in there. It will be worth the wait!

congrats!Regarding the fog lights, If the VIN is below about 30k, I believe that there was no option for them. Same for folding mirrors, and proximity sensors

My old 2013 S85 (VIN 15XXX) didn't have fog lights. From around April 2013 to July 2013, they took them off because they claimed the original ones didn't work very well. At the time I asked if they were going to put them back on again and they didn't know. When I took delivery in July 2013, the option had returned (of course!). It did have the "premium" interior lighting though (extra strip lights on the doors and in the footwell area).

Congratulations on your CPO S85. 3-4 weeks seems like a long time to wait however. It took a week for my inventory P85D to be ready.

I dropped off my 2014 Ram today...My trade in
Got a Ford Explorer as a rental from Tesla no Model S...what
CPO is in Texas...getting closer
Tesla can see where car is but I cant on My Tesla.....
But after it arrives i get the New Car greet and intro
can hardly wait

I dropped off my 2014 Ram today...My trade in
Got a Ford Explorer as a rental from Tesla no Model S...what
CPO is in Texas...getting closer
Tesla can see where car is but I cant on My Tesla.....
But after it arrives i get the New Car greet and intro
can hardly wait

Congrats Jim! Great looking car, appears to be in great shape as well. Can't beat that price!

update

Car arrrived.... but was told it was taken right to the body shop
Why.....well there was one area on the fender it was agreed upon that was to be fixed plus some other scratches
any pictures? No i forgot....so it will be there a week and then they need it another week to compete other services which include replacing
the B pillers. I asked why that was not done already and they have no answer....

It seems something went wrong on the delivery. why would they not take pictures? Why must it go to the body shop right away?

Just too long, makes me have second thoughts.

Email on concerns? not answered.

It will take a while to get everything taken care of and Tesla is sadly not known for speed. But as long as they gave you a vehicle to drive, I wouldn't worry about the delays and just focus on the final product. Don't "Accept Delivery" on MyTesla until the car is to your satisfaction and everything you still feel needs to be done be documented on the punch lost. My car took a couple months from start to finish, but now I get to truly enjoy it. As long as you have a vehicle to drive in the meanwhile, let them take the time to do it right.