Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm a Production, and here's my story (Sublimaze1 - P188)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I first got the S at the end of September I checked this and found the cruise control would engage starting at 20 mph and above. Haven't tried it again following any of the several software updates.

Looks like the entire CC system is a straight lift from Mercedes. All works just like my S550, with 20mph being the bottom end.

Week 4: have moved further away from range anxiety as we all took a trip to the Ft. Worth Zoo - with lunch, etc, racked up about 170 miles.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357434461.144790.jpg

Put a few hooks up for the charger.

I have very much enjoyed watching this thread and your story. If you have any pics that show the blue exterior with the tan interior I'd love to see them. I'm currently planning on going blue/tan as well.

Thanks!
Andrew

I have very much enjoyed watching this thread and your story. If you have any pics that show the blue exterior with the tan interior I'd love to see them. I'm currently planning on going blue/tan as well.

Thanks!
Andrew

No, no ... Thank you, Andrew. It is currently pouring to beat all here in Dallas, and I have not had a chance to get any new pictures. I am scheduled for a detail sometime next week, and when that is all said and done, I will certainly do (as my daughter says) a photoshoot.

Went to the Dallas Service Center today. It is still not open. It does, however, have the Tesla sign up, and some stickers on the doors (hours of operation). I expect soon.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357937868.490517.jpg

So I used the front plate mounting method that brianman suggested ( I would post a link here but apparently a mod moved it and it is not where I thought is was ) ... anyway, it was fishing three zip ties through the grille and using holes in the plate bracket (Tesla OEM) then mounting plate. Top plate screws are actually bolts (1/4" X 3/4" hex bolts) which self tap - conveniently and the bottom are the supplied Torx screws. The top ones could be reinforced from behind with a nut if you want. I saw no need, as they sinch very well and the torx on the bottom make up any of the difference. The plate hides nicely and in a few months, I will take a look behind the OEM mounting and see if I threw down an oops and marred the paint.

Last edited:
So I used the front plate mounting method that brianman suggested ( I would post a link here but apparently a mod moved it and it is not where I thought is was ) ... anyway, it was fishing three zip ties through the grille and using holes in the plate bracket (Tesla OEM) then mounting plate.
Glad it worked for ya. I only used two ties on mine. Where did you end up putting the 3rd one? On the bottom to address "flop" concern that dsm was worried about?

Here's the post you were looking for (the mods like large threads these days apparently):
BrianMan's cheap and quick, no-drill front license plate

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357995016.503820.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357995031.233503.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357995045.670109.jpg

Pictures were a little blurry. Like me. With coffee in hand and dog getting all up in my business trying to figure out what dude is doing in the garage this early.

I used three zip ties - partly to assure me on non-floppiness (?) and because it made sense to cinch the plate holder against something firmer with pressure superiorly and inferiorly.

The top zip is directly beneath the word "Texas" - hence the bulging of the plate. I guess I could have made the zip tie head reside behind the OEM mounting bracket, but it would have necessitated some tricky hand movements which I was not ready to do. The bottom two zips reside at the bottom of the G and the 4, right above where the Torx screws in the bottom two plate holes went.

This was easy - took me literally twenty minutes (from drill to back in the garage) and, even though I am not a fan of front plates, prevents the pulling over just to "see what this car is" by Mr. Plod

Last edited:
Oh, I almost forgot - today is week 5.

As you can see, I mounted the front plate (thanks brianman) and I am satisfied with it (save the bulge in the top which is caused by that zip tie).

Am getting a full detail next week and will take some non iPhone pictures and posting them here. Still have not extended range charged my car yet - no need. Today is going to be McKinney-Plano-McKinney-Princeton-Addison-Princeton-McKinney (it's a honey-do travel day including Zero Dark Thirty and my teenagers' Choir performance, spending some time with the elderly parents).

Wait, this is a Tesla Forum.

Traction control works very very nice, if one decided to give it the beans when making a right turn in the rain on dirty streets. If I had it off, I am sure I would be facing the wrong way quite quickly. I may decide to turn it off the morning that I am headed to replace the tires sometime in the future

Now, my doors close perfectly (some have issues). But the chrome trim does not match up exactly between the drivers door and the left passenger door.

hava2une.jpg

I don't know I should bother with this or not. I am guessing they would just remove and re-apply this, and not mess with the door alignment, but I am weary that it is placed on the door (itself) just fine, but that they would try to adjust the hinge to make it match or line up and then I have the sticky door thing going on.

Any input is appreciated.

I have been getting crap from a co-worker about the rain and how dangerous my car is in the rain. Don't know how to handle it, so I rubbed my head against a helium balloon the other day and walked in with static hair and a dazed look on my face. I looked at him and asked for a ride home today. Eruption of laughter in the room and he has since to bother me with such silly comments.

Guess that is one way to handle it.

Onward to week six (pictures a coming)

I have been getting crap from a co-worker about the rain and how dangerous my car is in the rain. Don't know how to handle it, so I rubbed my head against a helium balloon the other day and walked in with static hair and a dazed look on my face. I looked at him and asked for a ride home today. Eruption of laughter in the room and he has since to bother me with such silly comments.
Thanks. I needed that laugh.

Guess that is one way to handle it.

Onward to week six (pictures a coming)

:biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

I think we need pictures of that!!