Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm a Production, and here's my story (Sublimaze1 - P188)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can understand if they have a shortage of something like carbon fiber they can't stop production. However, in my opinion it would be great if they were transparent with those issues and gave those of us affected the opportunity to make a different selection rather than being held up. For example I have a perf with carbon fiber interior. If I were told that there is a shortage that could delay my car I would gladly switch to Obeche in order to avoid the delay.

I think much of the time these parts delays aren't expected until the supplier suddenly cries uncle at the last minute. At that point everyone changing their locked-in configurations at the last minute would throw the production logistics into an even worse mess.

I think much of the time these parts delays aren't expected until the supplier suddenly cries uncle at the last minute. At that point everyone changing their locked-in configurations at the last minute would throw the production logistics into an even worse mess.
Or even if they knew a few weeks ago, you're right in that having everyone change to something else would likely just cause a shortage in that and cause everything to thrash again. It's best to just let things work themselves through. A few weeks isn't going to make that big a difference in your life. Yes, I realize there are folks who have tax credit planning and such to do and for that I empathize but it just is what it is at this point. Sublimaze1 is like 200 spots behind me and getting his car before me. Such is life. Getting upset about it will only shorten yours (I'm not denigrating anyone's desire to be upset, just trying to get some perspective).

photo(3).PNG

As we drove up to the factory late yesterday, you could see I'm guessing over 10 large delivery trucks staged with all their little, white cocoon'ed cars ready to go. Shouldn't be long now! And boy, you're gonna love it!

One of those cocoons was probably mine...got notified that it was 'In Transit' yesterday afternoon. No ETA yet.

Congrats! Are you getting an HPC? I need a place to charge on the road from Houston down to McAllen. :)
No HPC....I have a 14-50 NEMA for the Model S. My location would not really be a good pit stop for a trip to McAllen. I live out on North Padre Island...here in Corpus Christi. It would really be nice if Superchargers were easy to get to. We may never see much here in South Texas...but as I said on another post...a supercharger at I-37 and State 59 intersection would serve many routes.

Just found out last night that my car will load on the truck this morning for it's trek to Texas. It will take 3-10 days to get here.

Just found out last night that my car will load on the truck this morning for it's trek to Texas. It will take 3-10 days to get here.

Tremendously excellent!!!!!

- and -

On the sublimaze1 front:

(1) The car is ready (e.g. completely done)
(2) The money has exchanged hand (Fed Ex Envelope arrived at 8:51am on Monday the 3rd)

but my car is still in Fremont. My wife keeps telling me to be patient. Happy wife, happy life, I will be patient.

<sigh>

Last edited:
Today's update: Richard - I think he said he is the "flying Alliance" - or maybe that was Flying Illini. Maybe he is from Champaign or maybe he just likes the Big Ten. Funny team to pick if you like ...

... anyway, he just called and asked if I could take possession of the vehicle on Saturday morning at 8. What d'y'all think I said?

So there is an end in sight. It looks like I will come back from Waco Texas (my kid's school is in the state football championship at Floyd Casey stadium) at 2am, get a few minutes of sleep, and then get up to a brand new car.

Cross fingers. Weather and whatnot permitting.

Richard is my new best friend.

Today's update: Richard - I think he said he is the "flying Alliance" - or maybe that was Flying Illini. Maybe he is from Champaign or maybe he just likes the Big Ten. Funny team to pick if you like ...

Hey, hey, go easy on us Fighting Illini! Todd Burch and I will have a bone to pick with you otherwise ;)

Congrats on getting close to bringing your story to a happy ending!

Hey, hey, go easy on us Fighting Illini! Todd Burch and I will have a bone to pick with you otherwise ;)

Congrats on getting close to bringing your story to a happy ending!

That's right - another Fighting Illini here. Some years we actually have good sports teams! Anyway, my new best buddy Mac said the car is done. Final paperwork to be sent tonight/tomorrow via email docu-sign, then they load on a truck. 3-4 days to Chi-town, then I pick up at the service center. Maybe mid-next week. We'll all have our Teslas soon!