Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm a Production, and here's my story (Sublimaze1 - P188)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations!! Trudi is definitely a looker!!! I hope your canine responds better than mine did! Here's the brat:

P1030975.JPG

So I have a few minutes before I have to go next door to our neighbor's house for a little this evening, and I wanted to share some photos. You have already seen how excited Cooper (the 10yr old Golden) was to have a new car, and here is our first of the morning experience:
IMG_4773.jpg
IMG_4767.jpg
IMG_4776.jpg

So we have Diana (in her jammies) removing the prophylactic from the car, myself almost falling 8 feet to my death or serious injury, and BA. Diana has renamed Trudi, BadA**, reasons which will be clear later.

So: The story:

Tuesday, the 4th of December, the FedEx packet arrived with the paperwork necessary to register the car in Texas (everything was there but my insurance and some Benjamins). Thursday, the 6th I took the paperwork to the tax office and emerged with registration and plates. So now, what we all desire ... the delivery ...

Richard had been in contact with me since Wednesday the 6th stating that he was my first drop in a trip back east. They can only carry five S's on his type of enclosed container because of weight on the axles, so it was me first, San Antonio, Lafayette (LA), Loudon (TN), and then some Lexus thing in Georgia. He said he would arrive at 7:30am on Saturday, so I offered him breakfast, which he accepted (all but the coffee). He arrived at EXACTLY 7:30 and we sat for a half hour in our house having breakfast. It was surreal. He was pleasant and we chatted. He asked me if I was anxious. I told him there was very little difference from 1352 days and 1352 days and thirty minutes - please eat your cinnamon roll.

He brought the car down and you see us removing the covering. He left and even called me from Austin to follow up. Quite nice.

Now the fun.

I pressed on the accelerator in the neighborhood and I swear that a mistake was made. I have 416hp on the CofO and I will need a stopwatch to confirm, but I ate some pavement. Stopwatch eval to follow later in the thread.

I had to return my father's Ford truck that I had been using in the interim to him, so Diana (wonderful spouse) drove the S and I , the Ford. She took a few stoplights to get the hang of it, then, it was bye bye little blue speck that was my car. I got to my father's a few minutes after her.

Then we went to get the safety inspection. We pulled up at po-dunk Princeton Texas gas station and had some fun. In retrospect, I was a little worried that Ralph would trash BadA**, but he didn't and we had a great conversation while he printed up the sticker. "Come back again with a car that uses oil and get an oil change" he said as we blasted off down 380. I needed to show him that this was no golf cart.

Then it was off to my daughter's house to show her the car. She drove it around the neighborhood and - I am almost certain - it has done its rounds on facebook by now. Then we went to lunch (uneventful) and then Northpark mall for some shopping. This is where the name became permanent. "Valet Full" means absolutely NOTHING when you pull up in a Model "S" with those BadA** daytime running lights. They moved cones and slipped us right in at the front of the parking lot. It was gonna cost me a fiver, but I figured it was more fun than a beer at the bar to experience that .. so it was worth it.

On the way back up 75, Diana ate a Maserati and as we blasted by it, I held my fingers to my lips as if to say "shhhh" as his exhaust was whining some Italian Phrases and our whisper quiet missle just hissed by. Wonder, I say ... Wonder !!!!

Back at home now and relaxing by the TV, I have to say that this (aside from the birth of my girls) has been the best day of my life. This is not a car. It is an experience, a journey, and a lifestyle.

BadA** is home.

So I have a few minutes before I have to go next door to our neighbor's house for a little this evening, and I wanted to share some photos. You have already seen how excited Cooper (the 10yr old Golden) was to have a new car, and here is our first of the morning experience:
View attachment 12559View attachment 12560View attachment 12561

So we have Diana (in her jammies) removing the prophylactic from the car, myself almost falling 8 feet to my death or serious injury, and BA. Diana has renamed Trudi, BadA**, reasons which will be clear later.

So: The story:

Tuesday, the 4th of December, the FedEx packet arrived with the paperwork necessary to register the car in Texas (everything was there but my insurance and some Benjamins). Thursday, the 6th I took the paperwork to the tax office and emerged with registration and plates. So now, what we all desire ... the delivery ...

Richard had been in contact with me since Wednesday the 6th stating that he was my first drop in a trip back east. They can only carry five S's on his type of enclosed container because of weight on the axles, so it was me first, San Antonio, Lafayette (LA), Loudon (TN), and then some Lexus thing in Georgia. He said he would arrive at 7:30am on Saturday, so I offered him breakfast, which he accepted (all but the coffee). He arrived at EXACTLY 7:30 and we sat for a half hour in our house having breakfast. It was surreal. He was pleasant and we chatted. He asked me if I was anxious. I told him there was very little difference from 1352 days and 1352 days and thirty minutes - please eat your cinnamon roll.

He brought the car down and you see us removing the covering. He left and even called me from Austin to follow up. Quite nice.

Now the fun.

I pressed on the accelerator in the neighborhood and I swear that a mistake was made. I have 416hp on the CofO and I will need a stopwatch to confirm, but I ate some pavement. Stopwatch eval to follow later in the thread.

I had to return my father's Ford truck that I had been using in the interim to him, so Diana (wonderful spouse) drove the S and I , the Ford. She took a few stoplights to get the hang of it, then, it was bye bye little blue speck that was my car. I got to my father's a few minutes after her.

Then we went to get the safety inspection. We pulled up at po-dunk Princeton Texas gas station and had some fun. In retrospect, I was a little worried that Ralph would trash BadA**, but he didn't and we had a great conversation while he printed up the sticker. "Come back again with a car that uses oil and get an oil change" he said as we blasted off down 380. I needed to show him that this was no golf cart.

Then it was off to my daughter's house to show her the car. She drove it around the neighborhood and - I am almost certain - it has done its rounds on facebook by now. Then we went to lunch (uneventful) and then Northpark mall for some shopping. This is where the name became permanent. "Valet Full" means absolutely NOTHING when you pull up in a Model "S" with those BadA** daytime running lights. They moved cones and slipped us right in at the front of the parking lot. It was gonna cost me a fiver, but I figured it was more fun than a beer at the bar to experience that .. so it was worth it.

On the way back up 75, Diana ate a Maserati and as we blasted by it, I held my fingers to my lips as if to say "shhhh" as his exhaust was whining some Italian Phrases and our whisper quiet missle just hissed by. Wonder, I say ... Wonder !!!!

Back at home now and relaxing by the TV, I have to say that this (aside from the birth of my girls) has been the best day of my life. This is not a car. It is an experience, a journey, and a lifestyle.

BadA** is home.

What a great day for you and your family! So glad you've joined the Texas Model S owners.

Sublimaze that is just awesome. ESP fun for me as we have same configuration and color. Also huge congrats to AO and Contaygious and all. Seeing the forum come alive with deliveries and not just September's speculation has been wonderful. Love the pics, the personal stories, pajamas, dogs, and (AO) the occasional CF-Trauma story. These are the days.