Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm a Production, and here's my story (Sublimaze1 - P188)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, we put her kids in the back today (we are awaiting the third row seats) and I do not remember who posted this, but it is 100% true that any normal child seat (booster or not) is a pain in the *** to latch. We managed to do so, but I believe it is going to be a very infrequent ongoing, as one had to shimmy the seat from side to side to get the latch in place (at least for the booster) and this does wonders for leather.

I guess Jan or Feb (or whenever the seats arrive) is when we will start transporting them with electrons. Until then, it is the V8 Armada to the rescue.

- - - Updated - - -

did you time it yet? I just bought the dynolicioius app on iTunes and will check mine tomorrow if I have a chance.

On call tomorrow, but may get a chance Tuesday.

Inertia Reel Fail

I had this great idea (kinda like, "hold my beer and watch this") of using a medical gas hose retractor to hold the power cable when plugging in BadA** at home.

IMG_4798.JPG

Well, as it went, the power cable was much heavier than the gas hose would be, and it was a no-go. Back to square one. Here, hold my beer.

Attachments

• IMG_4799.JPG
    IMG_4799.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 714
Did I mention that my wife now wants an "X" - I am all for that. She wants to wait until the supercharging stations get built in the DFW-HOU-SAT region (that's where our long jaunts will be). But I caught her scanning the Teslamotors.com site and then with a smirk and a smile states "I really like this X thing"

We may be a two Tesla family sooner than I thought.

How much does the cord weigh?

Excellent question. It acutally varies from the point that I zip tie (or wire) it to the garage door support. I suppose I could whittle it down to a few pounds, but then it would dangle just off the floor which is what I am achieving with the inertia reel. I exmined one of the hoses here at work and they are far more lighter than I thought the cord would be ...

... I will weight the cord the next time I release it from the door support.

Did I mention that my wife now wants an "X" - I am all for that. She wants to wait until the supercharging stations get built in the DFW-HOU-SAT region (that's where our long jaunts will be). But I caught her scanning the Teslamotors.com site and then with a smirk and a smile states "I really like this X thing"

We may be a two Tesla family sooner than I thought.

My wife's already got a Model x res and my mom (after riding around in my dad's Model S) made herself a Model X reservation. This doesn't seem to be all that uncommon... which totally makes sense and is awesome!

My wife's already got a Model x res and my mom (after riding around in my dad's Model S) made herself a Model X reservation. This doesn't seem to be all that uncommon... which totally makes sense and is awesome!

Just gave a co-worker a ride. Did the drill: "silent whisp away from the car park, big screen "woah"!, etc. We hit the bridge over the pond, enough strait to pin him in the seat. He is selling his AMG63. I have converted another ...

Owning this thing is pure elation. No kidding ....