Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm a solid 98 on the calculator ... but my actual score is a 97, no 98 ... nope - 97, wait 98 ... errghhh 97!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like I'm getting the run-around lately from the safety score app. It had me at 98 - I went for several perfect 100% drives after that and then for no good reason it dumped me down to 97 again. I ran my numbers against the calculator which says I should be a 98.

I'd have to run the unsafe following number up to a 5.0, or the Forward Collision Warnings score up to a 9.5 to get the calculator to say I'm a 97. I'd have to move them down an equal amount to get a 99.

Has anyone else had differences between these two scores? Likewise; has anyone else just been punted down a point for no observable reason?

Thanks, Pete

SafetyScoreComp.png

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
I noticed the same thing and it’s frustrating because it seems like we should have had access to the beta by now. One other thing I noticed is that it seems to only show data for the last month so potentially any large swings in score from the past may eventually fall off.

Score simulator assumes you have the same % of FCW, Hard braking, hard turning, for all 30 days that the Safety Score calculator keeps the score for; this is why the score from the simulator can be different from your actual score. The Score calculator also drops any scores that were recorded >30 days ago this is why people's score can go up and down as early good/bad scores gets dropped. Use a calculator to predict where you'll be as scores >30 gets dropped.