Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm about to join the Tesla family! CPO Unicorn S P100DL?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trading in my fully loaded 2500HD Diesel for a Model S P100dL! I live in Louisiana, so ventilated seats are very important to prevent "swamp butt" :p I think I may have found a unicorn! I am flying to Chicago, and driving back. What is the opinion on this? I was given fairly detailed photos. It seems Tesla representatives are overwhelmed right now with orders (both new and used). Feeling pretty excited about this one, but slightly hesitant at the same time to essentially buy a car sight unseen

- P100DL
- 11/2016 build with EAP and FSD
- unlimited supercharging
- Ventilated seats
- Every option but 21" wheels (I like the look of the 21", but I have read that owners prefer the ride and range gain of the 19") and Biohazard Filter
-24K miles

$90,200

I think its a pretty good deal.

Anything I should be wary of when I pick up? Known issues? Thank you all!!!

Attachments

• MyTeslaDesign_10-19-2018.pdf
    232.2 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: DanCar
I am trading in my fully loaded 2500HD Diesel for a Model S P100dL! I live in Louisiana, so ventilated seats are very important to prevent "swamp butt" :p I think I may have found a unicorn! I am flying to Chicago, and driving back. What is the opinion on this? I was given fairly detailed photos. It seems Tesla representatives are overwhelmed right now with orders (both new and used). Feeling pretty excited about this one, but slightly hesitant at the same time to essentially buy a car sight unseen

- P100DL
- 11/2016 build with EAP and FSD
- unlimited supercharging
- Ventilated seats
- Every option but 21" wheels (I like the look of the 21", but I have read that owners prefer the ride and range gain of the 19") and Biohazard Filter
-24K miles

$90,200

I think its a pretty good deal.

Anything I should be wary of when I pick up? Known issues? Thank you all!!!

Sounds petty awesome and tons of warranty left. You'll even get the FSD upgrade which will be amazing.

I had a 2016 Red S(75) and it was incredible! I do think the stock 19s are the best way to go(soft ride, great range). I got the 21 inch arachnids for summer(which look phenomenal) but the ride definitely suffered. Keep us posted!

Hey! I'm in Louisiana as well! Just purchased my Tesla recently. Let me know if you have any questions about the CPO process or anything like that. Also make sure to join the Louisiana Tesla Facebook Group! Bunch of really great people with tons of advice regarding all sorts of things Tesla related! Goodluck!

Reactions: BuffNerd
@AtlantaRED I do pickup the 26th at Westmont! Having second thoughts on driving it back. 19+ hours is a long drive. I may get a flight there and back within the same day. Finalize the deal, load onto a covered transport truck, and fly to Houston and visit family for a few days awaiting delivery. Maybe we can get a beer and toast to our new purchases!

@Ormond thanks for the tip! Unfortunately they could not give me records :(

I may drive it back. I'm on my week off so, I could do the drive over a couple of days. Like you said, I'm very curious to test EAP. What better way than a 1000+ mile trip? :D

Its literally the coolest sexiest car ever. There is no way I'd leave my newly acquired car to be boxed up and transported but circumstances might dictate. EAP, especially v9, is something to behold on highways. If they had released drive on nav with unconfirmed lane changes, you'd be hard pressed to get that tired doing the drive in one big go. Even with 2018.10.4, my last 800 mile (each way) road trip was no biggie to do as one big leg each way. Charging stops are well spaced with the supercharger network (you'll be able to recharge while your car does the same), you've got plenty of range with a 100kwh battery, and you'll supercharge faster than I can. Drive for 3 hours, charge for 35 minutes. Repeat until you're getting tired. You do not want to fall asleep and trust EAP with your life, so its good you have the luxury of breaking up the trip into more than a day. I think you'll be surprised that you aren't getting as tired (mentally) as you thought. Not having to think about staying between the lane lines and maintaining distance between cars on a highway (or lane changing to pass traffic) plus the infotainment capabilities makes for relaxing, less fatiguing travel.

Then again, I'd definitely spend some time getting used to the car as well. This is a beast of a car (which you might be accustomed to) but it is different. It has instant torque. It regeneratively brakes. It does not move (with creep mode off) unless you command it to. The accelerator is nearly linear, so you can command it to gently go forward with a slight push or fly off the rails with a hammer. I think after 10 minutes you'll get the hang of it. Definitely read the owner's manual two or three times while you fly in. Good luck either way, it seems like a great car at a great price.

Reactions: BuffNerd