Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm an OWNER! Time to celebrate!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for starting a new thread, I"m just so excited. Been watching the fourms for a long time and just took delivery yesterday. My Tesla story goes back to admiring the Roadster in 2010 when I first saw one. Was second in line at Newport Beach store on 3/31/16 for the M3 reservation before anyone had ever seen the car.

Due to financial constraints, I couldn't proceed when it was my turn in 2019. But ended up discovering that Modal Y was the better fit for my family. Here's my timeline:
  1. Configured and ordered October 2, 2020.
  2. VIN assigned 3/21. My choice to wait that long. They really wanted me to take delivery in Q4 2020. Financial reasons for me to delay to end of Q1.
  3. Delivery date selected 3/26 (found out the vehicle was "born" 3/17, 151xxx)
  4. Drove it for 20 miles, then directly to PPF for another 6 days. Hard to be away from it, haha.
In 3 days it will be 5 years since that glorious early morning line wait which would start my countdown. I'm so proud to have this car and show to my friends and family who have been listening to me preach for 10 years!

PS: For those who care, LR DM MY, white on white. Heated steering wheel, new center console, old headlights.

IMG_0071.jpeg

By the way, the "Costa Mesa Delivery Center" has expanded into parking garages in nearby Irvine. Crazy operation there. The amount of cars coming in (from the car carrier drop lot) and out (with customers) was mind blowing. We must have seen hundreds in the 2 hours we were at the location. By the way, easily 70% Model Y. Pictures attached don't do justice to the volume. That car is going to dominate. Really awesome to see that so many of them will be replacing someones ICE car in my area. Can't wait to see them more and more.

IMG_0079.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0080.jpeg
    IMG_0080.jpeg
    502.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0078.jpeg
    IMG_0078.jpeg
    699.4 KB · Views: 54