Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm dying with Tunein

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any ability to upgrade to SiriusXM if you don't have the premium package? I should have gotten the premium package, but satellite stereo was the only feature that I cared about. The folks at Tesla assured me of the awesomeness of Tunein. But I absolutely despise it and wish that I'd spent the extra money. Tunein is completely unusable where I live.

What about Slacker? That’s more of a substitute for Sirius than Tune-in is.
A "where I live" issue sounds like a signal issue, so I'm not sure why another service would work better.

OP: I don't believe Tesla offers a SiriusXM retrofit, but you could check with your service center to be sure. Assuming they don't, you'd probably have to go aftermarket. I don't know if there is an aftermarket SiriusXM system that would connect via Bluetooth and therefore work with the X. I also don't know if there is any other sort of input that you could use in the X (USB microphone jack adapter?), but I doubt both. Hopefully someone else can give you some good news.

A "where I live" issue sounds like a signal issue, so I'm not sure why another service would work better.

OP: I don't believe Tesla offers a SiriusXM retrofit, but you could check with your service center to be sure. Assuming they don't, you'd probably have to go aftermarket. I don't know if there is an aftermarket SiriusXM system that would connect via Bluetooth and therefore work with the X. I also don't know if there is any other sort of input that you could use in the X (USB microphone jack adapter?), but I doubt both. Hopefully someone else can give you some good news.

Exactly. It's not the car, it's the over-reliance on an LTE signal for everything. I only drive the X on weekends to areas with spotty cell service. I just got the car in December, but I don't know if I can stand this for remainder of the three year lease.