Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm fading to the right...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just had my new tsportlines mounted with the factory tires at my local mechanic shop. My car is pulling to the right. Is this an easy fix? Should I trust my mechanic to easily correct this, or should I take it to a big box tire place that balances tires/fixes alignment?

Or should I take to tesla, but I'm afraid they won't touch it since its non factory wheels. Plus they never have appointments and I'll be fading right and wearing out my tires faster for a month.

Reactions: 787steve
I know what you're thinking. Did they balence 3 tires or all 4? Well as this is one of the most powerful sedans on the road and would snap your head clean back if you floored it, you gotta ask yourself, do you feel lucky? Well do ya punk?
Sorry couldn't help myself with your screen name, take it back to the original mechanic first

I agree it's likely the alignment. Though there also may be some vibration of the steering wheel. But I'm pretty sure the car wasn't pulling until I swapped out rims. Is there an alignment that occurs during mounting of new rims? Should my local mechanic be able to handle this issue? Will the tesla service center even be willing to address this? They take so long to get an appointment, and it's a farther drive and hence really inconvenient too.

Anybody that can perform alignment can resolve the problem. In my understanding, swapping wheels is a good time to perform an alignment and I would always do them with each other -- especially on a Tesla.

The Model S is extremely prone to alignment issues. I've had them on my Tesla far more than on every other luxury car. I basically can't re-align the car enough especially on the Bay Area roads.

just had my new tsportlines mounted with the factory tires at my local mechanic shop. My car is pulling to the right. Is this an easy fix? Should I trust my mechanic to easily correct this, or should I take it to a big box tire place that balances tires/fixes alignment?

Or should I take to tesla, but I'm afraid they won't touch it since its non factory wheels. Plus they never have appointments and I'll be fading right and wearing out my tires faster for a month.

Brilliant reply. Made my day.

Ok, here's my update:

Tesla took my car and performed adjustments to the alignment. They brought me back my car. Car is still fading right with no change whatsoever. I have my ts sport lines. Could that contribute in any way? If they supposedly fixed the alignment, what else could be the cause? What is troubling is they returned the car. I can't believe they don't notice it. And even when in autopilot, I can tell the car struggles against this fade. Anyone have ideas or suggestions?