Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm Freezing!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model S suddenly stopped blowing warm air from the Climate Control system. It only blows cold. I can't get to the service center until late next week and the weather is getting chilly here. Anyone have any ideas for a quick fix? A blown fuse? Where is the fuse box anyway? The seat heaters just aren't quite enough. Thanks.

My Model S suddenly stopped blowing warm air from the Climate Control system. It only blows cold. I can't get to the service center until late next week and the weather is getting chilly here. Anyone have any ideas for a quick fix? A blown fuse? Where is the fuse box anyway? The seat heaters just aren't quite enough. Thanks.

Reboot the center screen - hold the two side buttons until it resets

Mine did the same yesterday. On 50.1. San Diego replaced the hot air hardware this afternoon, but that didn’t fix it. They’re working on it tonight and will update me tomorrow.

Drove all the way down from Bellingham, Washington and have to drive back shortly. Hope they get it fixed because it was very cold in the car when it was 27° out this morning near San Luis Obispo!

...fuse...

I think it is just like your onboard charger, when its fuse is blown Tesla just replace the whole component which is very expensive but it saves time for your car mechanic for not opening up the component and replacing the blown fuse.

I think your A/C and Heater use 400 volts, not the familiar 12V one so it's not a quick change of fuses at the 12V fuse box.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Sounds like a feasible option, where do they sell those?

Rechargeable Heated Clothing, Jackets, Gloves, Socks.. are readily available for a price:

VH-1590-RZ-2T.jpg

After 8 hours, you can change your battery or plug them in your home 120V adapter or your car 12V socket.

Reactions: Sather