Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm giving you $20,000 extra regardless Elon BUT it would be nice if..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MXWing

Oct 13, 2016
USA
Throw in a few factory options to make the P3 a little more distinctive without much margin cutting.

You need the profits from the P3 because your couch sucks and $8,000/minute is horrendous cash burn.

Last EPS of -4.19 * 170 million shares almost makes me want want to short you but I think there's enough nutjobs long TSLA like myself to bet against so I'll pass.

The internet just crowdfunded billionaire Elon Musk a new couch

Also, $78Kish is very fair already for a car in the 3.5, 3.0 0-60ish category. WORTH it for all those annoying gasholes to stop revving their engines around town.

Some things I had in mind was:

-Chrome Delete!
-Matte Black Paint Option. I want black, but I can't get free black if I'm paying for premium paint!
-Supercharging credits. Probably amounts to 100 bucks a year but its just nice to have.
-P3 referral counts the same way an S or X would.
-Aluminum Pedals
-Lighted Tesla logo

Surely there's an influencer around here that can relay the word up!

Throw some other value added ideas..

Signed topless Elon photo with every P3?

Last edited:
theres no difference in looks between a 75D and P100D, what makes you think they would do that to the 3 before the S/X?

They probably won't make it look too different, just like with the S (aside from small spoiler and red calipers) and I don't mind, but I can understand, that some will want to show, that they payed 80k, instead of 40k.

Maybe an optional front splitter, more aggressive fascia, or something like that. They could even install it by hand after the car is produced and ask extra bucks for it. I personally think it would be worth it financially.

one thing I would like to see on P models is an upgraded and adjustable eg magnetorheological suspension, this could even be geo-fenced and able to "learn" routes to give it unique capability.

bits of trim are of no interest to me.
Maybe some sort of "P" membership with some other perks might be cool.

They probably won't make it look too different, just like with the S (aside from small spoiler and red calipers) and I don't mind, but I can understand, that some will want to show, that they payed 80k, instead of 40k.

Maybe an optional front splitter, more aggressive fascia, or something like that. They could even install it by hand after the car is produced and ask extra bucks for it. I personally think it would be worth it financially.

you get a nice P100D badge. haha

all joking aisde. i do agree that the performance models should come with its own aesthetics, like different bumpers/side-skirts/seats or red interior color.

they had the red piping/suede seats in the P85 but they even got rid of that

Reactions: MXWing
"Drift Mode" - FWD output is capped at 15%, traction control and stability control disabled.
"LSD" - No, not that. A limited slip differential in the rear.
Hardtop.
Recaros.
Track Computer / recorder. Can be used as a simple video recorder, or can also report and save performance data.

These are actually common features found on Performance models of cars today.

My one simple request: Ludicrous mode!

Why? Loudicrous mode just means that the car is limited in power, if it’s not in that Mode.

Now I can understand sport and comfort and sure, you can also call them chill and insane, or whatever you want, but then also alter the steering and suspension. I can handle a sensitive go pedal, but sometimes hard suspension and twitchy steering is annoying.

What I don’t want is a potential damage to the drivetrain warning. Even if the car has 120k miles of warranty.

So I hope I don’t have to select some mode to get to 60 in 3.5s.

"Drift Mode" - FWD output is capped at 15%, traction control and stability control disabled.
"LSD" - No, not that. A limited slip differential in the rear.
Hardtop.
Recaros.
Track Computer / recorder. Can be used as a simple video recorder, or can also report and save performance data.

These are actually common features found on Performance models of cars today.

Drift mode would be awesome, LSD too! And a glass roof on a performance sedan is also just stupid. Just make it a de-select option!

Reactions: kablammyman
As I've posted before, I would like to see an Arachnid forged wheel option. They should be lighter and stronger than the standard 20" sport wheels. I might even say they should be 19" and available in silver, grey and black.
upload_2018-6-12_19-18-18.png

I'd like to hear some more details from Elon/Tesla on the better brakes, what suspension changers there are, and whether it will come with Ludicrous mode, or be an upgrade later, or what.

I like the idea of allowing referral credits for the 3P, but not holding my breath. (Same goes for free supercharging--not likely.) While I'm dreaming, how about an electronic damping control suspension a la Porsche's PASM?

While I'm dreaming, how about an electronic damping control suspension a la Porsche's PASM?

Yeah, you are dreaming. Remember they start producing these in the next couple weeks. So they aren't going to be making any significant changes at this time. (Adding aluminum pedal covers, probably DC installed, and requesting that the brake calipers get painted red are minor changes.)