Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm in insurance ... ok hell is perhaps a little strong, but you get the idea

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
I have a delivery date on the 22nd, and I got a text today reminding me to upload insurance details "today"

I've found decent coverage and got them to bind it, but it seemed sensible to start the policy on the 22nd right? The problem is that Progressive (I hate their stupid adverts) don't issue an ID card until the policy is active <bang head>

So now I have to bind coverage 11 days early just to get the card.

Has anyone been through something similar? Got any suggestions?

If I don't produce the docs (...today!!!) will my delivery be cancelled?

I already wrote to my Tesla Butler to make sure he's aware and maybe can intercede on my behalf

First world problem I know, but really irritating

I have a delivery date on the 22nd, and I got a text today reminding me to upload insurance details "today"

I've found decent coverage and got them to bind it, but it seemed sensible to start the policy on the 22nd right? The problem is that Progressive (I hate their stupid adverts) don't issue an ID card until the policy is active <bang head>

So now I have to bind coverage 11 days early just to get the card.

Has anyone been through something similar? Got any suggestions?

If I don't produce the docs (...today!!!) will my delivery be cancelled?

I already wrote to my Tesla Butler to make sure he's aware and maybe can intercede on my behalf

First world problem I know, but really irritating
Can you get an online/digital card? Or maybe a policy notice that shows the date of coverage starting on the 22nd? I'm guessing I'll be going through the same thing at the end of the month (hopefully).