Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm in mourning!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get mine back Thursday or Friday after nearly six weeks. I was rear ended sitting at a red light. It too needed a rear body panel replacement. Total estimate 18k.

The last picture is a crack in the sunroof.

The bright side is after six weeks getting used to a Dodge Avenger, I will be able to experience some of that first Tesla drive excitement again.
e4u6e4ap.jpg
mu9ynu3u.jpg
qahapudu.jpg
agete2y5.jpg

I get mine back Thursday or Friday after nearly six weeks. I was rear ended sitting at a red light. It too needed a rear body panel replacement. Total estimate 18k.

The last picture is a crack in the sunroof.

The bright side is after six weeks getting used to a Dodge Avenger, I will be able to experience some of that first Tesla drive excitement again.

I'm surprised it's that high, since it appears all the damaged panels are ones that are relatively easy to remove. The quarter panel would be a different story, but I can't see any damage in the photos. Can you tell from the estimate why it's so much?

I'm surprised it's that high, since it appears all the damaged panels are ones that are relatively easy to remove. The quarter panel would be a different story, but I can't see any damage in the photos. Can you tell from the estimate why it's so much?

The estimate was 6k until they pulled the bumper off and found the rear quarter panel would need to be replaced.

The repair was supposed to be 3.5 weeks, but there was a shortage of the 3M aluminum glue Tesla uses.

The shop initially was trying to get the 3M adhesive, but there was no stock. Instead of waiting for the 3M's glue factory (I don't know the lead time), Tesla had them use a BMW glue as an approved alternative. The BMW glue was a special order and took several days to get.