Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm renting a 75D for a crazy coast-to-coast -- little help, please.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are, as usual,
Unfortunately, some people's "as usual" is personally attacking Tesla owners to try and bury the problem itself by personifying a design flaw into a personal grudge. I wish that actually worked to repair the dangerous batteries.

There is a long thread with names of owners affected who have 75kwh batteries. The first post has links, so you will never again be able to truthfully repeat what you just said in good conscience.

@Cheburashka Peak is for a few seconds, watch it shorten with every update. Tesla's best way to hide batterygate is to taper in about a minute, hopefully giving you time to walk away and miss how quickly they need to slow the charge. Your newer battery will probably experience a drawn out reduction over more updates rather than the instant decapitation 85s got but you will see it happen.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: ucmndd and MP3Mike
The partial charges are because, as stated before, charging happens faster when your battery is at a lower state of charge.
Think of it like a tank of water. When the tank is empty, you can scoop buckets into it as fast as you can without spilling. Then when it starts to fill, you get more careful. Then you switch to cups. Then shot glasses. At the end, you're using an eyedropper to get that last bit of water in. At some point, it's not worth staying around to "top up" anymore. Loosely, its the same with charging.

There is a long thread with names of owners affected who have 75kwh batteries. The first post has links, so you will never again be able to truthfully repeat what you just said in good conscience.

The Google sheet linked in the first post of the 600 page thread has three foreign language entries for 75D cars with zero provided substantiation.

Searching the entire thread for posts that include "75D" lead to one recent post from one X75D owner complaining about slow supercharging with no substantiation, and a handful of posts speculating about 60-75 upgrades, with no provided substantiation.

Show me a single documented output from a 75 battery that is voltage capped, and I will stop calling out your unsubstantiated "facts" as lies and speculation. Until then, we'll continue our regularly scheduled program.

Last edited:
Reactions: MP3Mike
Glad to help! It's too bad you chose to deny even after getting the exac answers you'd asked for.
In what alternate universe is anything you've provided an "exac answer"? You provided a verbal reference to a 600 page thread and said the evidence is there.

I looked, it's not. I even told you what I found. You said "There is a long thread with names of owners affected who have 75kwh batteries". That is simply a fabrication.

If you have evidence of a voltage capped 75kwh battery, or evidence of your factual claim that this is the reason for Tesla no longer selling 60-75 battery unlocks, you should provide it. Probably in the 600 page thread vs. continuing to hijack this poor guy's road trip ambitions with information that has no relevant application to the car he's looking at.

Go ahead and tag me so I don't miss it, I'll be waiting.

Don't ask the question if you don't want answers. I didn't cap 75 batteries and unfortunately in this universe mp3miking with people won't make Tesla stop capping 75s.
I asked the question because I wanted answers. You didn’t provide them, and in subsequent posts on the subject continue to refuse to do so.

Fantasy evidence doesn’t support your lawsuit.

Reactions: MP3Mike
I wanted you all to know that I torpedoed the trip which was depressing but wise. We were to drive from NY area to New Orleans and then to LA by driving through what has become the new Covid hotspot region, TX and AZ. Those states are slammed with the virus now, much as my area was a few weeks ago. I also wanted to let you know that I was finally able to escalate at Enterprise and I found out that all rentals are in "Valet Mode" which is close to crippling the vehicle. No way to get any real functionality; I don't know what degree of "disabled" but clearly bad news.

So many thanks to all of you for your help and opinions; be safe and be well and I'll be back!