Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the market for a new sedan. I test drove the Lexus 460, Mercedes S and BMW M5 and 750. Was sold on the BMW, really like it over the other two. But this nagging thing about Tesla had me wondering what it was like. Well, the other day I spotted one pulling into the garage at the hospital I work at and I did a quick U-turn and approached the guy. Really nice guy, but he was going to work and I was leaving so we didn't get a chance to chat much but I got his cell phone. Yesterday I texted him and my wife and I met up with him. We looked at the car for 15 minutes, then he let me drive it. I'm sold and the wife, already wanting it without seeing it, is chomping at the bit to order.

Looks like I'll be joining the club. Need to iron out financing details seeing I'm in Texas. I would like to have the guaranteed resale price in 3 years.

It really is a no-brainer. I came out of a 2012 MB CLS550 and had a Range Rover, 2011 7-Series & a number of other high-end cars before that. This is the most incredible thing I have ever owned and couldn't even begin to think of driving something else instead. The Texas situation isn't as complicated as it seems like it would be, and Amplify FCU in Austin offered me 100% financing at 1.9% if you don't go the Tesla/Wells Fargo route. The guys at our local service center just west of the Galleria are fantastic. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. I'm just down the Tollway from you off Mockingbird.

It really is a no-brainer. I came out of a 2012 MB CLS550 and had a Range Rover, 2011 7-Series & a number of other high-end cars before that. This is the most incredible thing I have ever owned and couldn't even begin to think of driving something else instead. The Texas situation isn't as complicated as it seems like it would be, and Amplify FCU in Austin offered me 100% financing at 1.9% if you don't go the Tesla/Wells Fargo route. The guys at our local service center just west of the Galleria are fantastic. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. I'm just down the Tollway from you off Mockingbird.

Wow, 100% at 1.9 is pretty good. I'm a member of USAA and they are down to 1.39 but that's for 36 months, 2.99 for 72. I haven't called USAA yet but might tomorrow.

Wow, 100% at 1.9 is pretty good. I'm a member of USAA and they are down to 1.39 but that's for 36 months, 2.99 for 72. I haven't called USAA yet but might tomorrow.

Congratulations.

I am in Dallas, just picked mine up on Tuesday.
I spent a couple of laps on the financing issue: I found Marlene @ Alliant to be very helpful, and they financed it ALL @ 1.49% for 72 months after the initial $5,000 down.

As far as getting the guaranteed resale price in 3 years, you have US Bank or Wells Fargo to negotiate with: and things DO change (with time).
I probably will keep my MS or upgrade to what ever new vision might be forthcoming from Elon's mind and his Team of designers and engineers.

Personally I look forward to 3 Years of enjoying my great car, not contemplating selling it down the road....