Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm Tesla Roadster Shopping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
giphy.gif

Hello fellow Roadster lovers!
I'm going to make an offer on a Tesla Roadster so I may be joining your family soon.

I bought a 2005 Lotus Elise in 2008 and has been my daily driver for the last 11 years.

My Lotus Elise is loud, it's a rough ride, it's low and hard to get in and out of, it doesn't have cup holders, no storage, you can't hear the music and can't have a conversation.... and I love it, and wouldn't drive anything else!
.... except maybe a Tesla Roadster. :)

The seller doesn't have a presence here on tmc, is out of state, and has only owned it a year. I would prefer to buy from an enthusiast because they tend to care more about their car.
Anyways.... Before I pull the trigger, I thought I would see if there were any motivated sellers here considering letting their Roadster go.

Send me a PM with what you have.

Thank you.
Gary
I have advertised as a member on TMC my 2011 2.5 Roadster. I have to part ways with the car regretfully as I am about to have shoulder surgery and am not well suited to the car for that reason. The car is black on black and just thoroughly serviced by Tesla. Clean and original in everyway. Please see my add and photos. It is located in Monterey County.

I am considering selling my Roadster Sport 2.5. It is one of the "Final 5" with a unique blue paint, photos of Elon Musk signing it, and basically every option (yes including cup-holder and sound-damping package from Tesla, all carbon fiber options, many charging cables, relatively new shocks and tires, no carpool stickers, etc.). It was my daily driver for years, but it is is still in almost perfect shape (garaged, well maintained). I also have high-power wall charger, Henry Sharp's J1772 to Roadster can adapter, prepaid for a new battery (really don't need it yet), both a carbon-fiber hard-top and soft-top, and more.

I'm not necessarily a "motivated" seller, but my wife wants the space back in the garage so! I am interested in knowing what members think the car is worth and I definitely will sell if I get a reasonable offer.

View attachment 422396 View attachment 422398
If you haven't sold it already, bring it out for a drive with other Roadsters this weekend. It would be really cool to get a photo of both a Signature 100 and a Final 5 Roadster.......

At the same time I contacted and spoke with the exotic car (mostly Ferari) dealership in Chicago and almost bought one of the last roadsters made in the US (#1457)...2011 Roadster Sport. It’s also on Autotrader. Dealer as it listed for $83K. I negotiated down to $72K. Ultimately my decision was to get a 2011 Very Orange rom San Francisco (got it for $67K) But it was a close call between $72K R80 roadster sport with all carbon fiber interior and exterior 2010 versus 2011 roadster sport #1457. I’m sure both sellers are willing to go lower now.
If you're interested in what happened to it, Gruber motors acquired it last year

does anyone know it's full VIN, I'd like to post it on VINwiki

I dunno what past VinWiki has here, I more or less left off lurking after 2016. I did manage to find the full vin to #1457 and mentioned the history of it there.

edit: did a quick search and I think I found the disagreement, seems to be some people didn't like their vins being collected as they held the opinion it was private info. I aint going to pursue it, I apologize if I raised any unpleasant memories for anyone.

Hey! where are ya'll looking just auto trader? Gosh, two years ago I didn't purchase an orange 2.5 sport! Regret it so much. I went sensible and got the P85DL+. There is not time in life for being sensible!

I loved my Very Orange 2.5 non-sport Roadster. It was my daily driver for 6 or 7 years. Wonderful car and loads of fun. But if there's not enough time in life to be sensible, being safe can give more time to be alive, and I chose to trade to the safety of my Model 3 with EAP. The Roadster was in excellent condition but was very hard to sell. I ended up settling for a fraction of what I sincerely believed it to be worth. Several people had told me they'd pay what I was asking, but circumstances were not right for them to buy just then. I sold it to a dealer. I hope it found a home with someone who enjoys it as much as I did. BTW, I don't think the Sport model is really all that much faster than the non-Sport. Grown men went "eeek!" when I floored it. My Model 3 is nearly the slowest car Tesla makes, and is still quicker by far than anything I see on the road.

@daniel everyone is different but glad you enjoyed yours as you did! I have a s2000 and I just went for the first cruise this year with some friends. The s2000 felt sooo slow haha driving the MS for so long. Wish it was a roadster! It wouldn’t be my only car so that would safe an to me.

Are you from Kihei? I stayed at an apt off N Kihei 10 years ago with my girlfriend now wife. It’s my “happy place”!

Last edited:
I loved my Very Orange 2.5 non-sport Roadster. It was my daily driver for 6 or 7 years. Wonderful car and loads of fun. But if there's not enough time in life to be sensible, being safe can give more time to be alive, and I chose to trade to the safety of my Model 3 with EAP. The Roadster was in excellent condition but was very hard to sell. I ended up settling for a fraction of what I sincerely believed it to be worth. Several people had told me they'd pay what I was asking, but circumstances were not right for them to buy just then. I sold it to a dealer. I hope it found a home with someone who enjoys it as much as I did. BTW, I don't think the Sport model is really all that much faster than the non-Sport. Grown men went "eeek!" when I floored it. My Model 3 is nearly the slowest car Tesla makes, and is still quicker by far than anything I see on the road.
I loved your Very Orange 2.5!

Reactions: daniel
@daniel everyone is different but glad you enjoyed yours as you did! I have a s2000 and I just went for the first cruise this year with some friends. The s2000 felt sooo slow haha driving the MS for so long. Wish it was a roadster! It wouldn’t be my only car so that would safe an to me.

Are you from Kihei? I stayed at an apt off N Kihei 10 years ago with my girlfriend now wife. It’s my “happy place”!

I'm not "from" here, but yes, I live in North Kihei, easy walking distance from all three of my outrigger canoe paddling clubs. My house is way bigger than I need or wanted, but the location is ideal: I don't have to drive to go paddling in the morning. Except when my buddy and I paddle my OC2 (two-man outrigger canoe, for those who don't know) sometimes we launch from Makena Landing. Molokini is only a 40-minute paddle from there when conditions are good. LaPerouse Point and the Alenuihaha channel are also accessible from there when conditions permit.

I probably would have gotten one of those condos on North Kihei Road, right on Sugar Beach, but I didn't want to give up my Tesla. No plug-ins there. Had to buy a house to have a plug.

When the MS P85D came out I got to test-drive one. It made my Roadster feel slow. Kind of disappointing! Now the MS P100DL does 0-60 in what, 2.2 or 2.3 seconds? Even if you disallow the one-foot rollout, it makes the Roadster seem like it's standing still. But at my age the M3 is safer (and much easier to get in and out of). (But the car that always put a smile on my face, every time I drove it, was the Zap Xebra. I had that when the Roadster was still just a handful of prototypes. It was my daily driver for about four years. That was the car the Roadster replaced.)

Not my OC2, but the same make and model. A Tempest by OZone:

Tempest OC2.jpg

Handles big waves and strong winds like a dream.

And here's me (in seat two) paddling an OC6 with the Hawaiian Outrigger Canoe Voyaging Society. (Three-minute video.):