TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

I'm Thinking About Making Another Mobile App

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by joeblau, Jul 17, 2018.

1. joeblau

joeblau Member

A few weeks ago, my car locked with my phone inside and my key dead. I didn't know about the secret location between the B pillars as a way to unlock the car but it made me think that I wish the Tesla app had a watch component. Being a software engineer, I thought — Maybe I can make an app with all of the features I really want.
    • Are there any features that are currently missing from the current batch of mobile applications?
    • Would you be willing to pay for yet another mobile app even though Tesla offers theirs for free?
    • Would you be wiling to help me test the app if I put together an initial prototype?
    • What is the most important thing you do with your mobile app today?
    This app would be for an iPhone and Apple Watch.

2. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

I use the Remote S app, which also includes Apple Watch support (‎Remote S for Tesla on the App Store). It does everything I need. It's also been updated to include trunk/frunk opening/closing. It also works untethered on Apple Watch, which is really useful when you forget your phone at home.

In some ways Remote S is overkill, but I've used just about every feature at some time.

• Informative x 1
  3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Note there is a dedicated support thread for Remote S at the Tesla forum. Love the app and it does work well with the watch. You need a Gen 3 watch for standalone use, of course!

4. joeblau

joeblau Member

I just purchased Remote S to test it out. I'll try it out and see the experience. I'll also comb through the threads to pull up feedback and comments about the Remote S app.