Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm trading in my truck... What are you trading in?

Will you trade in your truck for the CYBERTRUCK?

• Yes

• No

• Trading in something else

• Just buying

• Haven't decided

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2008 F350, diesel 6.4L, 290k miles, going strong, deleted. Torque but probably nothing like a tri motor. I'll be waiting 3 years or until the tri motor is available.
I have an 08 f250 with only 138k on it and everyone is scaring me saying “the engine is gonna grenade before 200k” and “you better get off of that pos right away while you can still get something”.

good to see someone with the 6.4 with that mileage, any problems I should look for?

@gilscales So..you are in CA. That's an issue. The emissions control on the 6.4 is the suck. My is literally bypassed entirely. Gone. Deleted.

That's the secret to a 6.4. Be very careful when it is burning particulates, keep it clean. Spend the extra dollars getting that portion of the system checked. SPEND THE DOLLARS. Otherwise it will bomb.

Mine has less than 1 year left as a sort of gray market truck then on to being a Farm Plated truck and the emissions don't matter (no inspections). It purrs for now, pulled a 12k lb payload 150 miles each way last week, had it on a very heavy gooseneck, sure was afraid I was overweight. The truck pulled it ok, not fast. I'm very easy on the turbo when it is cool. I let the truck warm up as much as I can and don't hammer the accelerator in the first 10-20 mins, just take it easy. Man, the torque from 50-80mph is just fun so that can be hard to contain.

Things to watch out for is the front suspension-ball joints, hubs, etc. Get that inspected twice a year. Safe for you and everyone else.

I've had no major repairs. Not a one. Brakes, calipers, ball joints, hubs, all normal but no engine or transmission issues.

Reactions: gilscales
A nine year old Dodge Ram 1500. Now it has to last until eleven years unless someone wants to two year lease me something electric for $300 a month. (something with 220 miles of range minimum, can be used) . I haul sheet goods, firewood, trash, soil and yard/garden items. The 250 mile range Cyber is going to be fine for me. All of my long routes are covered with superchargers every 60-100 miles. I can't wait for this. $1500 a year possibly in gas savings.

Reactions: PolyKnot
So how profit will you make when you sell it? :) The resale value on FJ is literally one of the best on the road. They are selling for $25k used here though in good condition. Dealer trade even at bad place should be $15k.

Probably won't profit any, but I'll get what I paid for it brand new in 2013! I'll take 0% depreciation on a vehicle over 6+ years :D. It'll have over 100k miles when I sell it too, but is very well maintained.

2015 F150 crew cab
IMG_6503.jpeg