Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Images on TMC glitchy?

Fiver

Apr 10, 2015
Utah
Is it just me or are images not loading correctly around the site today? Some do load, others kick out an error when clicked...

bmah

Mar 17, 2015
Lafayette, CA, USA
At least one of the TMC admins is aware of the problem and might have an idea how to fix it...hopefully this weekend.

(I have no other details or clues, other than that some of the moderators are seeing this problem too.)

Hang in there folks,

Bruce.

Reactions: HankLloydRight

MorrisonHiker

S 100D 2021.12.25.7
Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
This seems to be getting worse. Virtually every message that has attached images is showing missing image icons. If I try to click on the link, it reports an error. I'm even seeing a bunch of profile pictures are missing now as well.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ

r0xx0r

Jul 9, 2016
CA
I got few different errors

1. 500 - Server error. Post to the json failed. Got the Failed to upload message.
2. Uploaded successfully. No thumbnail & the original image.
3. Uploaded successfully. But there is no full-size image uploaded. Got 403 error when followed the full image link.

Rolf68

Jul 24, 2015
France
I hope pictures were not definitely lost, there was precious tutorial material that are now much more complicated to follow without the associated images :(

• Love
Reactions: Ulmo

HankLloydRight

No Roads
Jan 18, 2014
Connecticut
Seems to be getting worse.

Also happens on mobile..

IMG_7633.PNG

ChrisC

see signature
Apr 27, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I hunted down this thread to confirm that it wasn't just me. I haven't been able to upload images for a week or two. I want my half hour back :) (the half hour spent trying to get it to work via multiple methods, before I realized it was TMC, not me)

Fiver

Apr 10, 2015
Utah
At least one of the TMC admins is aware of the problem and might have an idea how to fix it...hopefully this weekend.

(I have no other details or clues, other than that some of the moderators are seeing this problem too.)

Hang in there folks,

Bruce.
Any update on what's going on?

bmah

Mar 17, 2015
Lafayette, CA, USA
Thanks @bmah for looking into this...

Just to be clear, the most I can do is poke other mods and admins who might actually understand the real issue. I don't have knowledge or access to fix it myself.

Just want to add my voice to the choir, this is especially painful when the images not loading are in the model 3 Fremont lot tracking thread:
Found a LOT of Model 3's in a Tesla lot - Pictures inside

Understood, the images are the whole point for that thread (and several others too).

Bruce.

• Helpful
Reactions: PhaseWhite

Fiver

Apr 10, 2015
Utah
Just to be clear, the most I can do is poke other mods and admins who might actually understand the real issue. I don't have knowledge or access to fix it myself.

Understood, the images are the whole point for that thread (and several others too).

Bruce.
I have absolutely no authority here, but I'm going to make fixing the problem your only job until it's done. Get coding! :p

• Funny
Reactions: Chuq and bmah

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC