Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Imagine all of you that keep pushing your model y reservation for the ev credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As @man9527 mentioned, I've seen various reports about the price holds and how long they're good for. When I placed my order, I was told 6 months. Maybe things have changed since your order. My partner went in for a test drive and they told her that prices are now locked in for 90 days. It doesn't seem like your price has changed at all, so fingers crossed for you.
It‘s locked in on the sales agreement. Tesla would need to cancel your order to void the sales agreement. We did attempt delivery if that further complicates things. The car was a disaster so we decided to wait.

If you have a price locked in, like I do, they cannot raise the price. Well, they can on new orders, placed after the price increase. I have our car locked in at $49k base, for example, and now they are $53k base.

So it might be worth a $100 deposit to hold a car at a locked-in price if the tax credit would move you to buy another or a new vehicle. Our order is over a year old now.
They don’t have to allow it to be held forever.

Y’all waiting for the credit to come back do know that Tesla would immediately raise their prices to claw back 80% of it, right?
Each time the credit was phased out, Tesla lowered their prices to compensate most of the difference. The EV credit is ultimately an incentive for EV manufacturers more than EV buyers.
Except if it's on order now, they are locked in at the price at time of order (unless it decreases then you'd get the benefit of that). That said, I was bummed to miss out on the NJ $5k rebate that expired in December of last year, but I stuck to my plan, ordered on Jan 30 (my birthday), took delivery in March, and glad I did. I didn't have to pay sales tax (no tax on EV's in NJ) which saved me over $3500 - and I've saved a ton on gas!

I have seen many people in different threads mention that Tesla no longer let you hold orders that long. 90 days at most. I guess it's YMMV.
90 Days is in the official Tesla terms & conditions. However, they are still very flexible if you give a reason and they will place your order on hold for more than 3 months. Easily 6 months, and possibly up to a year if you can show when your lease is ending, or when you receive your annual bonus, or any other rationale to justify a hold.