Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Immaculate delivery of 2021 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my 2021 Tesla Model Y today from the Fremont factory, and having done tons of research (checklists, YouTube, you name it) I spent a long time looking over the vehicle and saw no problems anywhere on the car. I spotted what seemed like paint issues right away on the passenger door but quickly realized it was dirt. No gaps or other alignment issues, no paint problems, windows and doors working as expected, interior completely issue-free.

The car seems to have all the latest updates such as the door lock buttons, etc. Everything so far has really exceeded my expectations and I'm delighted to be a Model Y owner.

modely.jpg

• VIN: 611##
  • Order date: 9/28
  • Delivery date: 10/14
  • Configuration
    • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
    • All Black Premium Interior
    • Pearl White Multi-Coat
    • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
    • Autopilot
    • Full Self-Driving Capability

I picked up my 2021 Tesla Model Y today from the Fremont factory, and having done tons of research (checklists, YouTube, you name it) I spent a long time looking over the vehicle and saw no problems anywhere on the car. I spotted what seemed like paint issues right away on the passenger door but quickly realized it was dirt. No gaps or other alignment issues, no paint problems, windows and doors working as expected, interior completely issue-free.

The car seems to have all the latest updates such as the door lock buttons, etc. Everything so far has really exceeded my expectations and I'm delighted to be a Model Y owner.

View attachment 598699

• Configuration
    • Pearl White Multi-Coat
    • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
    • Autopilot
Congratulations! and enjoy your new ride

View attachment 598699

• Configuration
    • Pearl White Multi-Coat
    • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
    • Autopilot

Beautiful car! Congratulation and thanks for sharing your good experience.

View attachment 598699

• Configuration
    • Pearl White Multi-Coat
    • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
    • Autopilot
AWESOME, Please post the interior

Does it have the new console or double pane glass? Glass roll down the window and see if it’s round on top or a small line down the middle dipped down.

I don't think it has a new console (at least from what I know), it seems like the same as other Model Ys.

I wasn't sure about the glass, sorry. Do you happen to have a shot of what it looks like? Happy to take another look (or take a photo of the relevant telling detail).

Congratulations! and enjoy your new ride

Thank you!

Any interior updates?

I think the main thing is the door lock buttons (see below). I didn't notice anything but I'm not really very knowledgeable.

What do you mean door lock buttons, can you snap a photo?

Here you go. They light up.

doorlock1.jpg

doorlock2.jpg

Could you please snap a photo of the text on the glass of the driver's side door?

doortext.jpg

Beautiful car! Congratulation and thanks for sharing your good experience.

Thanks!

AWESOME, Please post the interior

interior.jpg

Very nice car! I'm biased a bit since I ordered the same thing sans FSD.

Ordered 9/18. SA said I was "eligible for a match" on 9/25. No VIN yet. Have to be patient...

Thank you! I hope good luck comes your way soon.

I hope you love the car! I will be taking delivery of a 2021 Model Y this month (I hope!). I looks like there are not any noticeable changes compared to the 2020 Model Ys. I wonder if there are any minor updates that are a bit more "under the hood".

I don't think it has a new console (at least from what I know), it seems like the same as other Model Ys.

I wasn't sure about the glass, sorry. Do you happen to have a shot of what it looks like? Happy to take another look (or take a photo of the relevant telling detail).

Thank you!

I think the main thing is the door lock buttons (see below). I didn't notice anything but I'm not really very knowledgeable.

Here you go. They light up.

View attachment 598801

View attachment 598802

View attachment 598803

Thanks!

View attachment 598804

Thank you! I hope good luck comes your way soon.

Roll the window down half way and take a photo of the top edge of the glass. You see how in this photo it looks like 2 thin pieces of glass with a shallow channel between. That’s how to tell.

Attachments

• A881EE64-1878-471D-B664-798AB2F5C4AF.jpeg
    A881EE64-1878-471D-B664-798AB2F5C4AF.jpeg
    396.1 KB · Views: 205

View attachment 598699

• Configuration
    • Pearl White Multi-Coat
    • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
    • Autopilot
Great! I'm only a couple of hundred numbers later and hoping for a similar experience in NC. Only difference is White/Black interior and tow hitch. Ten more days until delivery!

Reactions: SmartElectric