Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Immaculate delivery of 2021 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN's containing MF will have the laminated front windows.
I saw someone that has VIN in 74k that stated they have auto dimming side mirrors.
My 64k does not have the mirrors thankfully.
Still the gloss black center console.
My vehicle came nearly perfect. A few interior panels were not in place properly but I was able to correct everything myself in about 20 minutes. Quality seems to be more consistent.
W.r.t. laminated windows. Not for me. 4MF063xxx and no laminated windows. I'm in the lower half of the 63xxx VINs.

W.r.t. laminated windows. Not for me. 4MF063xxx and no laminated windows. I'm in the lower half of the 63xxx VINs.

Interesting, the person I spoke with at Tesla seemed really quick like he knew what he was talking about when he said MF vin's would have it. Maybe it all started with the 64k vin's then. All in all none of it matters. Things are going to constantly improve but we have Tesla's now!

How do I identify the laminated windows... not sure on the auto-dimming, how do I check? They do tilt down when backing up..
Easiest way to tell if you have auto-dimming side mirrors is to look for the edge of glass that doesn’t dim. The color variation won’t always appear clearly, but the faint line should still be visible if you look for it. This article has a good picture that helps you see what it looks like: Tesla quietly brings back the Model 3’s auto-dimming side mirrors
You can see a photo of what the laminated glass windows look like in this article: Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Now Equip with SoundProof Laminated Glass

Got my black/black LR MY in Austin yesterday. 28 days from order. They let me know there was a small scratch on the plastic rear bumper that they ordered a replacement piece for and would be installed at a home service visit. Otherwise looked fantastic. Wireless charger didn’t work, but they said that’s an iPhone 12 issue (I have a mini) that they’re working on.

My VIN is 705XX. Definitely has laminated front windows. Not sure about the mirrors. It’s at the body show now getting PPF/tint, but I’ll ask them to check. Definitely the usual shiny piano black console. Oh, and it makes that spaceship backup noise, but it’s much quieter than I expected after watching a YouTube on it.

Picked up my MSM 64xxx Y with laminated windows in Ottawa, On on Nov 10. Dropped it off at detailer Nov 16 for xpel ultimate series plus, full front, rear partial door, bumper ledge, all four sills plus 20% front window. Then Serfvaces suave ceramic coating. Everything looked great at pickup and I didn't see any issues. Detailer noticed two small paint defects, pinpoint deficiencies. This car is fantastic. Detailer did say he's finding msm and red seem to be the best for paint quality and black the worse. 20201120_183945040_iOS.jpg

Attachments

• 20201120_184003042_iOS.jpg
    20201120_184003042_iOS.jpg
    755.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20201120_184224285_iOS.jpg
    20201120_184224285_iOS.jpg
    676.8 KB · Views: 50
Picked up my MSM 64xxx Y with laminated windows in Ottawa, On on Nov 10. Dropped it off at detailer Nov 16 for xpel ultimate series plus, full front, rear partial door, bumper ledge, all four sills plus 20% front window. Then Serfvaces suave ceramic coating. Everything looked great at pickup and I didn't see any issues. Detailer noticed two small paint defects, pinpoint deficiencies. This car is fantastic. Detailer did say he's finding msm and red seem to be the best for paint quality and black the worse.View attachment 610333
I'd say white is probably the worst, if you count the mismatches.... I am planning on ordering DBM, but every time I see MSM, I think, man that color is great.... My last Audi was Dolphin Grey which is very similar, and I really liked that color.....

Reactions: michaelnorbert
Took delivery of our Model Y this morning. Have yet to notice any issues that need to be addressed, other than the seats have smudge marks from whoever prepped the vehicle.

Can confirm that I do not have the auto-dimming mirrors and glovebox USB (72xxx), probably missed it by hours.

Reactions: jetsurgn