Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Immaculate delivery of 2021 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could you also please post window sticker photo?

Should look something like this

Attachments

• 3C3D4E9C-482D-4FE5-9769-398EF5B65359.jpeg
    3C3D4E9C-482D-4FE5-9769-398EF5B65359.jpeg
    278.1 KB · Views: 174
I picked up my 2021 Tesla Model Y today from the Fremont factory, and having done tons of research (checklists, YouTube, you name it) I spent a long time looking over the vehicle and saw no problems anywhere on the car. I spotted what seemed like paint issues right away on the passenger door but quickly realized it was dirt. No gaps or other alignment issues, no paint problems, windows and doors working as expected, interior completely issue-free.

The car seems to have all the latest updates such as the door lock buttons, etc. Everything so far has really exceeded my expectations and I'm delighted to be a Model Y owner.

View attachment 598699

• VIN: 611##
  • Order date: 9/28
  • Delivery date: 10/14
  • Configuration
    • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
    • All Black Premium Interior
    • Pearl White Multi-Coat
    • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
    • Autopilot
    • Full Self-Driving Capability
Congratulations! It looks great. We order our MY LR MSM with 19” Gemini wheels on August 16, we got our VIN # last week 63xxx and it will be ready for pick up in the Chicago area on 10/26. Looks like you got yours quick!

I'll another happy delivery experience. Took delivery yesterday 10-15-20. Blue over white L/R 19 tow hitch FSD. A very pleasurable experience. Showed up at the Superior, CO SC an hour early just to poke around and found our car straight away. Greeted shortly thereafter and we started the acceptance process early! One small paint ding where it looks like on installation of the small triangle window near the rear they bumped the paint. Two tiny drops of blue paint on the rear seat. Lastly some tape residue on the side of the center console. Nothing else. Gaps looked better than those on our Outback. Very happy. Spent the rest of the day setting up our preferences, installing Echo Auto, and giving rides to family. Got our 1st Hang Loose wave from a fellow Tesla owner as we were driving home!
20201015_135652.jpg

Another 2021 delivery report for a Model Y LR Midnight Silver, White interior, 20" Induction wheels, tow-hitch.

Picked up my 2021 (621xx) directly from the Fremont factory yesterday 10/15. Order 10/6, VIN provided 10/13.

Car is flawless (I'm sure not every panel gap is completely even, but is good enough to pass my delivery checklist inspection), without any of the negative experiences reported by some others. Car completely clean inside and out, no loose trim, no paint problems, all tires at 42 PSI. In fact, I was all ready to take photos and submit the list of repairs within my first 24 hours, but have found myself with nothing to submit!

To answer some questions about 2021 changes:

Center console is the same as the 2020 Model Y (same as 2020 Model 3).
No double-pane glass; I specifically looked for the laminated sandwich along the edge and didn't see any.
No adjustment in the center screen menu to adjust Regenerative braking (in other words, regen braking is always on).
Don't know about the 10 mile range increase. Haven't had a chance to test it.

Very happy; the experience definitely exceeded my expectations, especially since I've done all my homework (read the forums and watched the YouTube videos) to prep for dealing with quality problems.

Another 2021 delivery report for a Model Y LR Midnight Silver, White interior, 20" Induction wheels, tow-hitch.

Picked up my 2021 (621xx) directly from the Fremont factory yesterday 10/15. Order 10/6, VIN provided 10/13.

Car is flawless (I'm sure not every panel gap is completely even, but is good enough to pass my delivery checklist inspection), without any of the negative experiences reported by some others. Car completely clean inside and out, no loose trim, no paint problems, all tires at 42 PSI. In fact, I was all ready to take photos and submit the list of repairs within my first 24 hours, but have found myself with nothing to submit!

No double-pane glass; I specifically looked for the laminated sandwich along the edge and didn't see any.
No adjustment in the center screen menu to adjust Regenerative braking (in other words, regen braking is always on).

Very happy; the experience definitely exceeded my expectations, especially since I've done all my homework (read the forums and watched the YouTube videos) to prep for dealing with quality problems.
Thank you! Is your Sentry mode port in the center console, or in the glovebox?

I would not think you'd see any of the updates (console, double glass, etc) until they appear on the website, like with the M3 which reflects those changes now. I assume anything ordered from here on would have the updated range, since it shows on the website. Not sure if that was a HW or SW update.

I would not think you'd see any of the updates (console, double glass, etc) until they appear on the website, like with the M3 which reflects those changes now. I assume anything ordered from here on would have the updated range, since it shows on the website. Not sure if that was a HW or SW update.

Perhaps the increase in range is due to the one-piece casting reducing weight from the Model Y? Although my guess is a software update. :)

Are you able to confirm if there's autodimming side mirrors? I know they came a comeback to the Model 3's.

I'll another happy delivery experience. Took delivery yesterday 10-15-20. Blue over white L/R 19 tow hitch FSD. A very pleasurable experience. Showed up at the Superior, CO SC an hour early just to poke around and found our car straight away. Greeted shortly thereafter and we started the acceptance process early! One small paint ding where it looks like on installation of the small triangle window near the rear they bumped the paint. Two tiny drops of blue paint on the rear seat. Lastly some tape residue on the side of the center console. Nothing else. Gaps looked better than those on our Outback. Very happy. Spent the rest of the day setting up our preferences, installing Echo Auto, and giving rides to family. Got our 1st Hang Loose wave from a fellow Tesla owner as we were driving home!View attachment 599159
Congratulations .. Looks Great !!

I'll another happy delivery experience. Took delivery yesterday 10-15-20. Blue over white L/R 19 tow hitch FSD. A very pleasurable experience. Showed up at the Superior, CO SC an hour early just to poke around and found our car straight away. Greeted shortly thereafter and we started the acceptance process early! One small paint ding where it looks like on installation of the small triangle window near the rear they bumped the paint. Two tiny drops of blue paint on the rear seat. Lastly some tape residue on the side of the center console. Nothing else. Gaps looked better than those on our Outback. Very happy. Spent the rest of the day setting up our preferences, installing Echo Auto, and giving rides to family. Got our 1st Hang Loose wave from a fellow Tesla owner as we were driving home!View attachment 599159

I'm glad your delivery at the Superior SC went well, mine wasn't that great, but no matter.

Question, did you get the "real" Monroney printout (large, thicker paper) with your Model Y, or just a small print out (normal 8x11 page)?

My Model Y didn't include the real one, but rather a regular 8x11 printout. I asked why, and the delivery manager said nobody gets them, they throw them away and print them out on a piece of paper due to some requirement that he couldn't go into. (I think it is total BS, but like most things Tesla during a delivery, take it or leave it.) I never got one with my Model 3 either. Really bummed me out as I like to collect the originals for the cars I buy, and now I have none for my 2 tesla's. (and no, a print out version I can do from home isn't the same.)

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and jpfive
I'm glad your delivery at the Superior SC went well, mine wasn't that great, but no matter.

Question, did you get the "real" Monroney printout (large, thicker paper) with your Model Y, or just a small print out (normal 8x11 page)?

My Model Y didn't include the real one, but rather a regular 8x11 printout. I asked why, and the delivery manager said nobody gets them, they throw them away and print them out on a piece of paper due to some requirement that he couldn't go into. (I think it is total BS, but like most things Tesla during a delivery, take it or leave it.) I never got one with my Model 3 either. Really bummed me out as I like to collect the originals for the cars I buy, and now I have none for my 2 tesla's. (and no, a print out version I can do from home isn't the same.)
We received a paper copy.

Thank you! Is your Sentry mode port in the center console, or in the glovebox?

Had a bit more time to inspect the car, and this is what I see:

No USB port in the glovebox, so I suppose the sentry port is in the center console.
Monroney label indicates 326 miles of range (up from 316 miles, so includes the new range update officially today).
No side dimming mirrors.
The Acceleration Boost purchase in my Tesla app says it boosts the 0 to 60mph time from 4.8 to 4.2 seconds.

Had a bit more time to inspect the car, and this is what I see:

No USB port in the glovebox, so I suppose the sentry port is in the center console.
Monroney label indicates 326 miles of range (up from 316 miles, so includes the new range update officially today).
No side dimming mirrors.
The Acceleration Boost purchase in my Tesla app says it boosts the 0 to 60mph time from 4.8 to 4.2 seconds.
Thank you for sharing that the label indicates 326 miles! That's awesome to hear as somebody who recently got assigned a vin. And I wonder if the acceleration boost actually got increased power or if it's just an update to make the numbers more accurate in the description.