Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Immaculate delivery of 2021 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think it has a new console (at least from what I know), it seems like the same as other Model Ys.

I wasn't sure about the glass, sorry. Do you happen to have a shot of what it looks like? Happy to take another look (or take a photo of the relevant telling detail).

Thank you!

I think the main thing is the door lock buttons (see below). I didn't notice anything but I'm not really very knowledgeable.

Here you go. They light up.

View attachment 598801

View attachment 598802

View attachment 598803

Thanks!

View attachment 598804

Thank you! I hope good luck comes your way soon.

Got my VIN today! 63XXX. White/Black, Gemini Wheels, no tow hitch or FSD. Now to wait for delivery...

Reactions: rah7777
I suspect it still does not include them. The order page still does not mention auto-dimming for the side mirrors. The model 3's page was updated to include the auto-dimming.

Model Y order page does show auto-dimming side mirrors now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 8.24.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 8.24.28 PM.png
    223.6 KB · Views: 198
I picked up my 2021 Tesla Model Y today from the Fremont factory, and having done tons of research (checklists, YouTube, you name it) I spent a long time looking over the vehicle and saw no problems anywhere on the car. I spotted what seemed like paint issues right away on the passenger door but quickly realized it was dirt. No gaps or other alignment issues, no paint problems, windows and doors working as expected, interior completely issue-free.

The car seems to have all the latest updates such as the door lock buttons, etc. Everything so far has really exceeded my expectations and I'm delighted to be a Model Y owner.

View attachment 598699

• VIN: 611##
  • Order date: 9/28
  • Delivery date: 10/14
  • Configuration
    • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
    • All Black Premium Interior
    • Pearl White Multi-Coat
    • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
    • Autopilot
    • Full Self-Driving Capability

Congratulations! I wish you many years of fun and safe driving with it! :cool:

A friend just picked up his white Model Y AWD today in MN. It looked great! About as perfect as it could get. Paint was perfect (though white is REALLY hard to inspect in detail), and all the mechanicals were virtually perfect. Even the taillights and charge port door looked great (compared to early Y’s).
To excessively nitpick, the frunk and trunk / lift gate were both slightly misaligned left/right, but only by about 2 millimeters (really minor); but, you have to look REALLY close to see it; from a few steps away, you can’t tell. Note that both work perfectly and there is no rubbing.
Also, Tesla left a little adhesive residue on the drivers side door trim, but that should clean off easily. This item really should have been preemptively handled by the local delivery team.

Still no auto dimming side mirrors even with subsequently produced Y vehicles labeled as 2021s?

My 641xx car does not have auto dimming side mirrors. The laminated side glass fits perfectly and I hear little wind noise. I had two very small issues (scratch on plastic wheel trim piece and cut or scrape on B pillar interior trim). I requested service via the app and 7 days later a ranger came out and fixed it in 10 minutes with replacement parts. The car is now perfect. I’m very pleased with the delivery and the service and I’m loving the car!

My 641xx car does not have auto dimming side mirrors. The laminated side glass fits perfectly and I hear little wind noise. I had two very small issues (scratch on plastic wheel trim piece and cut or scrape on B pillar interior trim). I requested service via the app and 7 days later a ranger came out and fixed it in 10 minutes with replacement parts. The car is now perfect. I’m very pleased with the delivery and the service and I’m loving the car!
So you do have double pane glass like the refreshed 3?

Took delivery of my 2021 MY, LR, Black all around, upgraded wheels. Carlsbad, CA delivery center.

Really excited with very minor issues. Trunk was slightly misaligned but 20 minutes later, they had it PERFECT.

Only other issue I have found is the driver side mirror won’t go out or up enough to see the left lane. I’ll get a service ticket started and try to come back and post my findings.

I was a little dismayed with the service tech that came out to “help” me with the mirror issue. He originally said that it was “normal” and I politely asked to see one of the test driving cars to compare. He did bring one out, sat it it, sat in mine, went back to the other MY and then said.....hmmmm, there’s something wrong.......Unfortunately it was 5 PM and they were closing.

Guess I get my first experience with the service center.

Be well all!!!

VIN's containing MF will have the laminated front windows.
I saw someone that has VIN in 74k that stated they have auto dimming side mirrors.
My 64k does not have the mirrors thankfully.
Still the gloss black center console.
My vehicle came nearly perfect. A few interior panels were not in place properly but I was able to correct everything myself in about 20 minutes. Quality seems to be more consistent.