Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Immersive sound disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I wanted to pick your brain on something.

I ordered an M3 SR (not the SR+) - when I pick it up. I had the "immersive" button on my dashboard option (under setting), a week after, I did the update suggested and the button disappeared.

I think that option is not part of my package (SR - partial interior) but I am surprised that it was in the car at the time of the pick-up.

Does that mean that car has the full HW needed for "being immersive". I know it is not the same than the performance model but I thought this is a very interesting situation.

Thanks for sharing your thought on this.

B

I can't speak as to whether it disappears on the latest update, but Immersive Sound is included with the Partial Premium - see below.

As to the very little that it does, see this thread.

upload_2019-9-16_19-6-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-16_19-6-2.png
    upload_2019-9-16_19-6-2.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 68
Bfolens,

Were you on software 2019.15.108 before? Just got the notification to update my SR this morning but have not completed it yet. I do have Immersive Sound as an option as well. Did your heated seats go away? I am pretty sure heated seats are now an included feature with the SR but immersive sound is not.

Bfolens,

Were you on software 2019.15.108 before? Just got the notification to update my SR this morning but have not completed it yet. I do have Immersive Sound as an option as well. Did your heated seats go away? I am pretty sure heated seats are now an included feature with the SR but immersive sound is not.
The front seats are heated, the rear are not.

As I understand it the SR+ and the regular SR is the identical car currently ; software alone changes it.
In order words Telsa makes $X,000 amount less on everyone of these they sell.

That was not the original plan and may not be the future plan but was determined in order to maximize car production that as few variations as possible would cost them less.

The audio system appears to have 3 levels:
Premium: all of the speakers, subwoofer(s), amps, has immersive sound
Partial in the SR+: some of the speakers are missing or turned off, no sub, has immersive sound
Partial in the SR: same as SR+ but no immersive sound

There seem to be quite a few examples of cars purchased without certain features receiving them initially. In most cases a future update brought the car back to what was purchased.

As I understand it the SR+ and the regular SR is the identical car currently ; software alone changes it.
In order words Telsa makes $X,000 amount less on everyone of these they sell.

That was not the original plan and may not be the future plan but was determined in order to maximize car production that as few variations as possible would cost them less.

The audio system appears to have 3 levels:
Premium: all of the speakers, subwoofer(s), amps, has immersive sound
Partial in the SR+: some of the speakers are missing or turned off, no sub, has immersive sound
Partial in the SR: same as SR+ but no immersive sound

There seem to be quite a few examples of cars purchased without certain features receiving them initially. In most cases a future update brought the car back to what was purchased.

I can confirm that to be the case. My vehicle was originally listed in new inventory as an SR+ before it was allocated to my order. The delivery center pushed an update to the car to downgrade it.