TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Imminent Model X price hike in the US!

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by slyastro, Mar 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. slyastro

slyastro Member

#1 slyastro, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  2. pvogel

pvogel Member

No source of the 'apparently' speculation. It wouldn't surprise me either way but if they were planning to increase the price why would they be calling people and encouraging them to configure with current pricing unless it's to protect themselves from the whiners who will say 'if I'd been warned I would have ordered!'

3. mmd

mmd Member

Guess it is another stick in the carrot and stick game. Confirm now, or else..

4. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

I wonder if that is because the battery will go to 100 kwh and that will replace the 90's?

5. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

That sounds reasonable. So instead of a price increase, it's just an adjustment based on an improved product.

6. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

i read through the article but it appears the author is just making an assumption there will be a price increase. He does not provide any basis for his assumption nor does he quote any sources. There is no substansnce to this article just suppositions. As snother forum user replied why would they increase price at a time when they are begging people to place orders and upgrade existing orders.

7. AnalysiZ

AnalysiZ Active Member

We are used to several price increasings per year now in Euro.... next one expected early April....
    Now the central bank decided to lower interest rate... so July will probably be the next price increase....
    But... if prices over there go up.. well, we'll just have an extra increase over here...

Only good thing is that value of the cars in Euro stays high, because of the alternative new ones getting more and more expensive....