Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Impact (formerly Performance) graphs showing solar, not PowerWall+ data.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - so I finally got my Powerwall+ inverter issue (low coolant) resolved back on July 26.

So then, I've been obsessively looking at the app (yes, I upgraded), the gateway interface, and API data from the gateway.

One thing that has been bugging me, but I chalked it up to not having PTO yet, is that my Performance Graph never seems to acknowledge that my PowerWall+ did anything to offset the grid.

For example, yesterday my Powerwall+ fully covered our overnight usage. From 6PM->9AM, we were just using battery:
1630105693205.png
1630105452232.png

But weirdly, the Tesla app shows that I was only 58% Self-Powered, and shows 0% from the Powerwall.
1630106224077.png

Has anyone else ever seen behavior like this? Thanks!

(And I was seeing similar graphs/data with the old app. Just with the different UI.)

Weird. Even without PTO, I'm able to send power back to the grid (PG&E), even though I'm not supposed to. So I've been trying to keep a close eye and fire up the A/C, washer or dryer, whatever when we have excess. Ahh, the joys of WFH. :p
Are you sending a lot back to the grid? Probably not good idea if you don’t have PTO, I am
Not sure who your grid provider is, but heard PGE would detect if that is constant and make fuzz about it. Try to see if your off-the-grid option works for you

With only a single Powerwall+ and a 8.16kw system, I am very seldom sending power back to the grid, and if I can stabilize my log-capturing script, I want to send myself/household a reminder if we're approaching 100% capacity and we're still generating that somebody should start running the washer/dryer/dishwasher/air fryer, whatever.

I certainly don't want any fuzz from PG&E. But my install did not have the "return to grid" option enabled, so I'm not seeing the same message as you about self-consumption. I plan to plead ignorance. :-}

With only a single Powerwall+ and a 8.16kw system, I am very seldom sending power back to the grid, and if I can stabilize my log-capturing script, I want to send myself/household a reminder if we're approaching 100% capacity and we're still generating that somebody should start running the washer/dryer/dishwasher/air fryer, whatever.

I certainly don't want any fuzz from PG&E. But my install did not have the "return to grid" option enabled, so I'm not seeing the same message as you about self-consumption. I plan to plead ignorance. :-}
Tesla App? What app? ;)

What I noticed that if your PW is fully charged and you are you are lowering your house just from the solar. When you load change, it will take few secs for the inverter to lower the solar production, at that point it needs to dump the extra somewhere and that is the grid. Doesn’t happen that often, but I can see it doing it.

Bizarrely, this morning, my Impact showed Powerwall on the graph, but now it's back to 0%. I do not understand what the app is doing. Save for a few minutes this morning when we used the air fryer, we've barely pulled from the grid. Currently app shows 4.6 kWh for today. That's definitely not 43% of our usage today. Home Usage today thus far is 24.9 kWh
1630530414119.png
1630530479723.png

1630530709448.png

It's like, how can you say 0 kWh from Powerwall? Do you not see all that GREEN?

Weird.

Attachments

• 1630530440460.png
    1630530440460.png
    83 KB · Views: 46