TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Impact of Tesla stock price crash on Tesla Model S and X Sales

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Quant, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Quant

Quant Member

As we all know, there are many many Tesla Model S owners who bought TSLA stock very early on, and made a lot of money.

Many of them were also fans of Tesla technology and Elon Musk, personally.

A lot of them took a small portion of their Tesla stock price gains and bought a Model S ( basically funding it via stock price appreciation ).

Now that the TSLA stock price has collapsed, and many who bought later in time are in a serious loss situation, and also down on the rest of their portfolio due to the overall market, I expect Model S and X purchass from Tesla stock holders will be seriously curtailed.

How much ? I have no idea. But, it's probably not much to say maybe at least 5k units of the Model S + X sales in the next 12 months will be impacted.......Unless the stock comes roaring back to say, $200.

2. racevpr

racevpr Member

Aside from the TSLA Q4 earnings announcement due after hours today which will most likely create more short term psycho market volatility, now is the time to take a position in Tesla if you have felt left out.

EV's are here to stay. Tesla is at the forefront of the technology. What more needs to be said?

3. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

I seriously doubt it would affect more than a handful of sales. If people are relying on gains on an incredibly risky stock in order to buy a $100k vehicle they might as well go to Vegas and try their luck. Sure a number of owners lucked out buying stock < $100 and making a lot selling > $200. But anyone who bought stock > $200 who was expecting to use the earnings to buy their vehicle is a fool.

4. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

I can't see there being that many folks left that are hoping to fund the car purchase through stock gains--the folks that got in at 20, sure, but not in recent years.

5. Quant

Quant Member

Mods please delete this thread. Thanks and sorry. Looks like I should not be starting these recent threads ! I tried to delete it but could not....sorry again !