Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Impact of Tesla stock price crash on Tesla Model S and X Sales

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As we all know, there are many many Tesla Model S owners who bought TSLA stock very early on, and made a lot of money.

Many of them were also fans of Tesla technology and Elon Musk, personally.

A lot of them took a small portion of their Tesla stock price gains and bought a Model S ( basically funding it via stock price appreciation ).

Now that the TSLA stock price has collapsed, and many who bought later in time are in a serious loss situation, and also down on the rest of their portfolio due to the overall market, I expect Model S and X purchass from Tesla stock holders will be seriously curtailed.

How much ? I have no idea. But, it's probably not much to say maybe at least 5k units of the Model S + X sales in the next 12 months will be impacted.......Unless the stock comes roaring back to say, $200.

Aside from the TSLA Q4 earnings announcement due after hours today which will most likely create more short term psycho market volatility, now is the time to take a position in Tesla if you have felt left out.

EV's are here to stay. Tesla is at the forefront of the technology. What more needs to be said?

I seriously doubt it would affect more than a handful of sales. If people are relying on gains on an incredibly risky stock in order to buy a $100k vehicle they might as well go to Vegas and try their luck. Sure a number of owners lucked out buying stock < $100 and making a lot selling > $200. But anyone who bought stock > $200 who was expecting to use the earnings to buy their vehicle is a fool.